“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/11/2014 3:39 pm  #1

Rumor Mill

got a text this morning from a current Carshalton player about their next manager and 2 ex tooting managers are in the hat for the job.

Billy Smith and Kenny Brown.

Well 1 thing is for sure Mr Brown would not take it as he is youth academy director at Dagenham and Redbridge, as for the Messiah Billy again I don't know if he could work with that chairman

I was lost but now im found

01/11/2014 9:45 pm  #2

Re: Rumor Mill

I'm a bit surprised that Billy Smith would be up for it seeing as he left us following a budget cut. I don't know any figures but surely the current Carshalton budget is less than ours when he left. But maybe he's just missing management!

As for Brown,  I don't have anything against him but he will always be associated with the Essex knobs who did quite a bit of damage to our club,  so I don't really care where he ends up.

01/11/2014 10:01 pm  #3

I feel it will be a very sad day to see Billy and George in charge at a club where the manager is given little respect or consideratioin by the current despicable owner, and if you have been reading the web site for the last two years as I have you will understand why I use the word despicable, a leopard never changes his spots, as the saying goes and whilst not alway true, i feel it is with him, I would hate to see such a remarkable reputation as these two fine men have, be dragged down by this odious little man.
( not that I have anything against him or his type)

02/11/2014 11:00 am  #4

Gary I have been following the situation since it started, and I feel sure that If Billy and George know the real situation and the contempt that the owner has shown for both the fans and the team, they will not have anything to do with it.
I only hope that I am right, for their sake.

02/11/2014 6:29 pm  #5

Well prior to the managers vacancy at Carshalton FC I had spoken to Billy Smith regarding him going back into football management he said in no way would he go back to it. He is very happy in scouting for Reading FC as there id no pressure, likewise for George he likes what he is doing for Charlton Athletic FC, & that is according what he said when he was last at Tooting & Mitcham FC watching a game which was earlier this season. As for Dipres millions those that know him will tell you its not his money but his fathers.

Board footera