“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/11/2014 4:21 pm  #1

Stadium Improvements

I feel the old girl needs some TLC new paint and some attention with the structure especially the ceilings of the covers behind the goal.
Also the tannoy speakers are shocking could hardly here his lordship Roy behind the goals.
Is this the responsibility of KNK?

I was lost but now im found

06/11/2014 12:50 pm  #2

Re: Stadium Improvements

I thought the urban, aged, weathered, distress look was the in thing at the moment.
Having steel girders back to metal gives it a rustic feel.

06/11/2014 1:29 pm  #3

Routemaster wrote:

I thought the urban, aged, weathered, distress look was the in thing at the moment.
Having steel girders back to metal gives it a rustic feel.

You're dead right Routeo, but we've managed to achieve the look through neglect not design.

And do you mean rustic or rusty ?

We give 'em naming rights and don't even get a lick of paint in return.

06/11/2014 4:04 pm  #4

You do feel a bit ashamed of our stadium when opposing fans visit. Once I felt very proud entering the hollowed entrance from the road, now you are confronted, while waiting at the turnstile, with the mess at the end of the stand.  First impressions are always important. I mean what is going on with the end of the stadium with all that black/ silver stuff that seems to be torn? Once you are inside the ground it doesn't improve.
I suppose the powers that be will say there is no money and if we want something done then come up with the money. But it is a shame for we have a brilliant ground that is looking very down in the mouth.
I am proud to be associated with T&M, so it does sadden me to see it looking so neglected.

06/11/2014 4:20 pm  #5

I know what you mean, but I still feel we have the best stadium and facilities in the league, and have nothing that a coat of paint and a tidy up would not put right, but like you the trunking at the end has been unsightly for too long.
It does make you wonder exactly what advantage is their for T&M in relation to the agreement with KNK?

Last edited by alanj (06/11/2014 4:21 pm)

06/11/2014 5:24 pm  #6

The trunking was sored a few weeeks ago, it's now painted black.
Must say though that I've always trumpeted on about the terraces needing a damned good jet washing.
However, our ground is superb - you should see some of the other diabolical pits that we end up in sometimes.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

06/11/2014 5:25 pm  #7

I agree with the above comments, one bishop stotford fan summed it up when we played them 'nice ground needs a touch up'
i take what Alan said, we do have the best ground and facilities but it  would be nice for me to hear what Roy is saying through the tannoy system!

06/11/2014 9:32 pm  #8

Sometimes it is better not to hear, especially when it is a foriegn name,
Who!

07/11/2014 8:26 am  #9

DeePee wrote:

The trunking was sored a few weeeks ago, it's now painted black.
Must say though that I've always trumpeted on about the terraces needing a damned good jet washing.
However, our ground is superb - you should see some of the other diabolical pits that we end up in sometimes.

I totally agree, think of the likes of Chipstead, Walton Casuals, Merstham, Redhill, nothing much more than a pitch with a railing around it and a 8 foot high corrugated iron bus shelter for a stand. When their teams players arrive at the KNK they must feel like their standing outside the San Siro. Recently I came down Bishopsford Road on the top deck of a 280 bus and from the road the stadium looks magnificent, it's only when you get up close that the cracks appear.

The karzies could do with a clean too.......Oh alright, where's me mop.

07/11/2014 8:33 am  #10

The_Chezzer wrote:

I agree with the above comments, one bishop stotford fan summed it up when we played them 'nice ground needs a touch up'
i take what Alan said, we do have the best ground and facilities but it  would be nice for me to hear what Roy is saying through the tannoy system!

If you'd been listening properly Chezzer you'd have heard Roy say '' Gnnoummbrrl svvennmble phfro TouttnnMeechcrummble eez Hwaarrrtroubble Nouttlebug.''

WHY YOU NO RISTEN ???

07/11/2014 3:25 pm  #11

Roy is good with such names as, Marshall, Pinnock and Newton but he does come unstuck with the likes of   Stojsavljevic and many a opposing player, so you are better off at not hearing the tannoy!.

07/11/2014 6:04 pm  #12

I share some of the concerns expressed above about the more serious work that it would be nice to see done at the stadium.  Shame.
And I intend to entice Jackie in to the Gents toilets behind the bar so she can for herself the poor state of those.
However............

The regular visitors to this Forum will recall a pre season appeal for assistance to spruce up the KNK stadium.
And the job list certainly included the power washing of the terracing that Dee Pee would like to see. (I think Chris Jackson provided the power washer)

This is an absolutely standard contribution/requirement for supporters of other clubs at our level.
Even 'big' clubs like AFC Dons.get squads of supporters out working at Kingsmeadow.
But because we moved to a brand new stadium it has not, until now when things are starting to age, been of any unrest to the Bog Enders.

Hopefully when Lyn puts out the same appeal in May/June all those now showing such concern will come forward to help.

'What was your contribution Bondy' I hear you all ask?
I put myself forward 100% for the last Friday shift (hottest day of the year) and then got called in to work.
So I fully admit to being just as hopeless.
But next Summer........

Last edited by Bondy (07/11/2014 6:06 pm)

07/11/2014 6:41 pm  #13

I agree with your view bondy but KNK are our main sponsors and they are a property maintenance service surely they can help with these issues?

09/11/2014 10:54 am  #14

Chipstead don't even have a stadium. It's more of a pitch with a railing around it and some seats!

09/11/2014 11:02 am  #15

But Maarlon, what you forget is,

it does have a lid for the bucket in the mens, so it does meet the Ryman grading

Board footera