“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/11/2014 1:00 pm  #1

Flares + Smoke Bombs

It would be illegal to set off pyrotechnics inside Imperial Fields, wouldn't it? And if it wasn't, what would be your opinions on using them (for example a minute of white smoke after a goal, a black flare lit inside the stands etc.) ?

EDIT: Just noticed I'm a Cadette Terror!!

Last edited by maarlon (10/11/2014 5:45 pm)

09/11/2014 2:14 pm  #2

Re: Flares + Smoke Bombs

Do not see the point Marlon, this is England not Italy.

09/11/2014 3:58 pm  #3

59robbery wrote:

What is the law governing smoke bombs and flares at football matches?The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985.It is on offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare, smoke bomb or firework. The sentence for these offences can be as much as three months in prison, and in many cases, fans who have no previous convictions are being given prison sentences for attempting to enter a football ground with a smoke bomb in their pocket as the courts take these offences very seriously.There are two different offences (1) possession in the football ground; and (2) possession while attempting to enter. Although logically, attempting to enter a football ground seems to be less culpable than a fan who has managed to get the smoke bomb, flare or firework into the football ground, in real terms the courts do not consider one offence to be more serious than the other. Fans searched prior to entering the football ground and found to be in possession of a firework, flare or smoke bomb, havestill been given custodial sentences. 

So if I were to stand in a spot where I could watch the match whilst not in the stadium and light a flare, I wouldn't be breaking any laws? 

09/11/2014 4:03 pm  #4

alanj wrote:

Do not see the point Marlon, this is England not Italy.

Alanj, I simply feel that Tooting & Mitcham players would have a lift if we were to be making more noise and lighting flares and setting off smoke bombs. It basically creates an atmosphere that you want to be part of. I think it will also put opposing players off, especially players from teams like Chipstead, who don't even have a proper stadium, just a pitch surrounded by a railing and some seats. It will form a hostile kind of atmosphere. However, I'm not planning to go charging into the next match with flares, it's just an idea to help atmosphere.

09/11/2014 4:09 pm  #5

It was a bit of a shot in the dark tbh. Usually English fans are sceptical about Pyro.

09/11/2014 9:22 pm  #6

Ever heard of Guy Fawkes, don`t talk to an Englishman about Pyro, he was nearly the daddy!

Certainly agree with your point about more noise at home.

09/11/2014 9:24 pm  #7

It's only quiet 'cos you're always asleep at the back of the stand Al ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

10/11/2014 10:02 am  #8

..................ok then Gary, I would expect all of the club's that occasionally bring drums in to the ground to be asked to shut up too then !   .............. which has NEVER happened 
Two rules ??? 

10/11/2014 10:12 am  #9

When we last played Dulwits at home, they had flares and if I recall was then thrown onto the pitch,

I feel with we stopped the little chit chats and we sang, chanted, shouted and screamed then we don't need any help in creating a atmosphere, but at the poorer grounds maybe a little assistance maybe required.

I was lost but now im found

10/11/2014 3:01 pm  #10

What about gases from the body?
does that count, can we old un`s be ejected for carrying a dangerous weapon?

Just a thought

10/11/2014 5:41 pm  #11

I'm not being disrespectful, I hate Dulwich as much as you do, but they have got a cracking atmosphere we need to be aiming to push on the players like them. I heard some Turkish fans started going to Champion Hill when they signed Oztumer, and they brought flares and started off the "ULTRAS" thing.

I suppose you could look at my thread on here, but the website was taken down for copyright infringment, and they blocked my Ip Address from doing sites. 

The thread: http://tmufc.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=444

EDIT: What about setting off stink bombs next to the opposition goalkeeper?

Last edited by maarlon (10/11/2014 5:43 pm)

10/11/2014 5:50 pm  #12

DeePee wrote:

..................ok then Gary, I would expect all of the club's that occasionally bring drums in to the ground to be asked to shut up too then !   .............. which has NEVER happened 
Two rules ??? 

Well we're not allowed to have one tiny air horn, but Dulwich are allowed loads of flares.

10/11/2014 9:25 pm  #13

Gary on a previous post you stated your farts were quite good, fancy standing by the opposition keeper?

10/11/2014 11:54 pm  #14

Dulwich are allowed flares because they are still stuck in the 1970's!

11/11/2014 9:01 am  #15

I don't wish to appear heavy-handed but next time we play Dulwich I suppose me taking a Molotov Cocktail is out of the question ?

12/11/2014 6:38 pm  #16

Sadly a tad over the top methinks Mr Ultra ! 

12/11/2014 7:51 pm  #17

I've ordered 6 stink bombs off ebay for 50p.... 

Would it be right to use them on the innocent goalies???

13/11/2014 12:35 pm  #18

Probably NOT Marlon ! 

13/11/2014 8:37 pm  #19

alanj wrote:

What about gases from the body?
does that count, can we old un`s be ejected for carrying a dangerous weapon?

Just a thought

Think Statto is the expert on this one!!!!

Board footera