“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/12/2014 6:54 pm  #1

TMU 2 Faversham 3

Different week same old story!
Played well in the first half and went in 1 up thanks to a Sawyer goal.
Second half Faversham had worked us out and scored 3 quick goals. No plan B again, just kept the same tactics and. ................

Just not good enough.

20/12/2014 9:30 pm  #2

Re: TMU 2 Faversham 3

I think that mouthy supporter was the one smoking, I reminded him he was not allowed to smoke in the stand and he went down to annoy Bondy.
Yes same old story. You just knew what was going to happen in the second half. They had plan B and attacked, then 3 goals in quick succession. Do Dan and Frankie get on? We didn't give up although you always knew they were going to win.
What position are we now after that? We need wins and we are not getting them.

20/12/2014 9:41 pm  #3

The first half we were by far the better of the two teams, and I can not think of a save that Luke had to make, but once again did not make our superiority turn into goals.
Second half , what i feared would happen, did, they scored early on and you could almost sense the confidence go out of the team as the half wore on, we were mainly on the back foot and they were high on confidence and now playing as if they believed they could, and would win, which of course they unfortunately did.
You have to feel sorry for both Craig and Adam, having to watch, yet again, a game we should have won but didn`t.
With 60 points still to play for if we are to make a serious attempt at the last play off spot, which i feel is what we can at the most hope for, we have got to go on a good run, starting with Whyteleafe next Saturday, mathmatically it is still possible, but it is important we start now as our points total from the last six games since Worthing, makes sorry reading.
So come on lads you can do it!

21/12/2014 6:44 am  #4

I agree with most of the above.  And can someone tell me why Dan Summers defends corners leaving Tom Jelly up the pitch with Frankie?  Dan cannot, or does not want to head the ball so what use is he defending an oppo corner?

Our defence cannot deal with continued pressure and Craig needs to deal with this and deal with it fast.  First goal was slotted in with ease by an unmarked player.  The second headed in from a corner with an unchallenged header.  The third was another unchallenge header. 

Unlike Faversahm yesterday and Folkestone last week we do not get players into the box quickly enough to meet crosses.  Most of our crosses are supplied by our full backs who seemingly work the flanks alone leaving holes at the back when the counter attack us.  We neen wingers and bodies in the box.  Frankie did score another good goal though, but as metioned by others, the oppo soon work out what to do and plug the gaps.  Sol's free kick was also a gem but at 90 minutes it was far too late.

After the Hythe Town we were 15 points from 18, we have now earned 3 points from 18.

The teams that we a losing to do not look any better than us, but they do have more than one game plan and are able to adapt to what we are doing.  We don't.  When chasing a game with ten minutes to go needing two goals for a point, tapping the ball around is not and has not done done it for us: balls and bodies in the box is what is required.

21/12/2014 12:00 pm  #5

After the match in the bar the faversham manager did say we played some pretty stuff but lacked the killer touch which I agree with him, also he mentioned to me 'where are your players, this is your bar' we then was later told that the players made their exits through the back door,

I was lost but now im found

21/12/2014 2:24 pm  #6

........... after a long roasting by Craig and Adam behind a firmly locked dressing room door !

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

21/12/2014 3:31 pm  #7

It is nice to get all the facts, not just part!
. And well earned I might add.

21/12/2014 6:33 pm  #8

21/12/2014 9:30 pm  #9

Seeing their goals again makes you realise how woeful our defense was.
No wonder Craig gave them a roasting, I have a feeling quite a few members of this squad, unless they sort themselves out, will not be starting next season with us .

21/12/2014 9:32 pm  #10

I do not like to single players out, but it would be a good idea to have somebody monitor the success rate, or not of our passing, one player in particular appeared particularly guilty of misplaced or miskicked passes.

22/12/2014 10:53 am  #11

Maybe it's a confidence thing but as soon as we give a goal away panic seems to set in.... I knew once it got to 1-1 that more would follow...
A shame really.. Plus points is the team still tried to claw there way back into the game but once the third goal went in we were doomed.

Faversham defended well and got back in numbers when ever we attacked... Can't help but think we may need some big lumps in our defence when playing some of these top teams.

If we are allowed to play our normal game we'll beat most of the teams in the division but all of the top teams seem to have giants in defence who can snuff out our passing game.

22/12/2014 10:58 am  #12

The biggest problem with our so called passing game is to keep finding our own players with the passes!

22/12/2014 1:09 pm  #13

My point exactly, and not just this Saturday, every missed pass puts the pressure back on us, so building up our opponents confidence.
But i am sure Craig and Adam will get it right, but it might take another season.

22/12/2014 1:34 pm  #14

doug25 wrote:

The biggest problem with our so called passing game is to keep finding our own players with the passes!

Good point.....

22/12/2014 3:07 pm  #15

"But i am sure Craig and Adam will get it right, but it might take another season"

If they're given that long 

22/12/2014 3:56 pm  #16

Well lets hope they are... I still firmly believe that this set up will come good.
I also think that both the London and Surrey Cup are well worth going for... Winning becomes a habit.
Both trophies should be taken seriously.

It wasn't so long ago we were all thinking this may go really T*ts up... The season we got relegated and the year after were awful. Things have turned around... Not as quickly as we would like but still things are looking good for the future.

All clubs need stability and Tooting and Mitcham needed it far more after those dark days of a couple of years ago.

Come On You Terrors !!!!!!

22/12/2014 9:33 pm  #17

Surely Dee Pee they have to get at least another season, remember they are rookies and as such should be cut a bit of slack! personally i have the utmost faith in what they are trying to achieve and i believe they will have learned a lot from the games this season.

23/12/2014 9:42 am  #18

Don't get me wrong Alan, I agree whole heartedly with you.
They should definitely be given a lot more time, they're the best thing that's happened here since the Billy & George era.
However, you know what this silly game's like ?

23/12/2014 1:47 pm  #19

Unfortunately Dee Pee I could not agree with you more.
No such thing as loyalty.

23/12/2014 2:01 pm  #20

It's a bit harsh to talk about getting the sack. This season seems to be a fits and starts sort of campaign.
After a poor start we got our act together and starting getting results and consistency, but the last six games have been poor. Maybe the next six games will be wins (twenty would be nice) and suddenly this little dodgey spell can be quitely forgotten. I fear I have jinxed the club with the post I wrote after the Walton & Hersham game where i feared no wins and no points from Faversham, Folkstone, South Park and Whyteleafe. Oh lord forgive me and have mercy with a win on saturday.

23/12/2014 4:28 pm  #21

So you are  the one responsible ! i knew it could not be the team 

Board footera