“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/4/2022 10:42 am  #1

Jake Baxter

Former Tooting striker Jake Baxter had a very mixed Easter weekend.  On Saturday he scored 4 in Chertsey's 1-5 win against Sutton Common Rovers.  He scores 3 in 39 minutes bringing his league total to 23 goals this season.  He is currently second place in the top league goal scorer race.
Unfortunately on Bank Holiday Monday at Chertsey V Bedfont Jake was carried off after a big clash with the Bedfont goal keeper.  I am happy to say that Jake is OK but very sore and is recovering at home with his family 
I am sure everyone will join me in wishing Jake a very quick recovery.  Maybe Jake should be a major target signing for this summer as he lives in Wandsworth.

Last edited by Gary Walker (20/4/2022 10:50 am)

20/4/2022 1:40 pm  #2

Re: Jake Baxter

Why in Earth would he leave Chertsey, a good club which may well be in the Premier next season for a basket case like Tooting?

If Adkins puts his hand in his pocket for a proven quality striker, he'll need to put it in six or seven more times for players who can support him.

Can't see it myself.

20/4/2022 8:48 pm  #3

Yeah will I was hoping we might get a complete change of direction regarding the first team Ev. We played such a crap side Saturday but it was like the old days with a happy atmosphere.  Maybe I am getting carried away and it's just going to be worst next season.
So many players want to return if Steve can get the first team manager gig right.

21/4/2022 4:47 am  #4

It's not the first team manager that is the problem Gary, it's Adkins.  Unless he fully signs up to first team success over the long term the manager will amount to diddly squat.
Can't see it myself.

28/4/2022 1:07 pm  #5

Chertsey are into the South Central Playoff Cup final after beating Basingstoke last night. They face Hanwell on Sunday.
Jake wasn't in the squad as he is still recovering from his head injury.

Board footera