“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/1/2017 5:05 pm  #26

Re: Home v Greenwich

Like you Plumpy old bean, I too was glued to Roger's brilliant Twitter feed and the viddywotsit whilst hiding behind the sofa with exactly the same dose of man flu gungy stuff.
I ache all over and my head's a mess but .................
...........WooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo
Nurse -the screens !

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

28/1/2017 5:13 pm  #27

DeePee wrote:

man flu gungy stuff.
I ache all over and my head's a mess

Yes, that's the one 

Hopefully see you Tuesday DP.......

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

28/1/2017 5:22 pm  #28

Immensely proud. I hope that was filmed because I'll certainly be watching it over a couple of times!!

I'll post my thoughts tomorrow when I've settled down again. So proud to be there today, outstanding

28/1/2017 5:46 pm  #29

Proud of the players. Proud of the fans. Proud of the club. This is a special time. Let's enjoy it.

28/1/2017 6:12 pm  #30

That's the GREATEST team performance I've seen from a Tooting side.Paul was texting me for updates,and I couldn't send them I was shaking so much.So sorry for Danny Bassett.Another player out for season.Sometimes we don't give man of match awards because it was so bad,but today every single player deserves a bottle.

28/1/2017 9:31 pm  #31

Personally I can not think of a time when I could say that every one of the fourteen men who wore our famous striped shirt, deserved to be a man of the match, not one shirked a tackle, men were prepared to throw them selves in the way of the ball at the risk of getting hurt, and they all ran themselves into the ground. There are going to be some aching bodies in the morning but I am sure they will be satisfied ones.
As much as the rabble from Greenwich tried to intimidate them, with even the manager following suit, and what a nasty piece of work he was, the team rose above it.
Well done and thank you to you all, this is up there with our famous cup game against Nottingham Forest, and will go down in the annals of our famous clubs history.
What a day, watched Liverpool lose, and our lads win the greatest achievement for our club for a long long time.

NB By the way Gary, Billy who? would not have that man wear our shirt again, whilst understanding the financial reason for his leaving, we want players with the attitude of Chace and the rest of the team, there is more than earning money out of the game but then i guess it is a question of a mans personal priorities.

Last edited by alanj (28/1/2017 9:36 pm)

28/1/2017 9:51 pm  #32

Yes - I think all the players deserve so much credit for the effort that they put in. You have to have a lot of belief in yourselves to put that much on the line despite being down to 10 men for 75 mins and 9 men for the last 20.

But you also have to give immense credit to the management who made a lot of big calls during the game. I was impressed by the way we kept an attacking option throughout as it meant that Greenwich could afford to get everyone forward.

I know football fans are well known for their overuse of superlatives, but this was probably the best win I've seen for years, especially when you consider the opposition, the league situation, the red card and the injury.

I don't know whether to slip this one in at number 3 behind Swindon and Eastbourne.

Had anyone mentioned Cunningham yet who was still flying around getting blocks and tackles in right to the end.

What a great day.

28/1/2017 11:41 pm  #33

Kyle Merson made some vital saves again, kept us in the game and allowed us to go down the other end and nick it.

Until the injury I thought Danny Bassett was the best player on the park. His energy and commitment was outstanding, and with 10 men he kept stretching their defence. I thought that tackle was a red card, it's been cut from the highlights so I haven't seen it back. Best of luck to him on the recovery. That's Eddie dines, Wilson and Bassett now out this season. But it does show what strength in depth we have that we've lost the likes of thee key players and also billy dunn and yet we've kept up our title challenge. A strong core squad but also some quick and decisive signings from our management team. 

Look everyone was brilliant today and the whole squad should be delighted with what they gave out there. I thought the loan signing of Charlie T-G has been a great move and he today shon for me in midfield and then when he dropped back into the back 4 for the final 15-20 minutes. Battled extremely well and his height is a real asset. A composed player and looked committed to the cause, great to see he has gelled so quickly and wanted to fight for the cause...hope that loan can be extended!

Some very shrewd and brave decision making from our management. Especially to go 3 at the back and play Claudio and Danny as wing backs. Worked well and meant we could still break away when appropriate.

This squad are playing for the management 100% and are playing for eachother and the fans just as much. It's delightful to see. What a team spirit, amazing. Had goosebumps at the end.

Chace got the MOM, and he was outstanding, but I don't think I would have raised an eyebrow whoever was announced today, it was that good.

But let's not forget there is a way to go yet. Despite the euphoria today, I was brought back down the earth when I realised dorking are still only a point behind us assuming they win their game in hand.

The squad should enjoy tonight, as they deserve it, and should quickly get focussed again for the next encounter. I have no doubt frank Paul and the coaching staff will ensure that.

29/1/2017 3:14 am  #34

Don't need to add much more to what has already been said on here!!!

So proud of the boys!!!! The most gutsiest performance I have seen from a Tooting side in the 24 years I have been watching the black and white army!!!!

29/1/2017 7:09 am  #35

True grit, passion and determination throughout the whole game. Worthy of champions status. Well done to you all.

29/1/2017 10:01 am  #36

Gary, unfortuneatley  the league do not appoint the referees for us or indeed any other club, they are appointed by an independant body. As for Danny, he has not broken anything according to Frank last night. I thought the referee was very poor, he obviously does not know of the new ruling regarding the red card issue. Quincy should have got a yellow as the player was going to the right of the goal.The red card should have been given to the player that did Danny.

29/1/2017 12:01 pm  #37

dac123 wrote:

But let's not forget there is a way to go yet. Despite the euphoria today, I was brought back down the earth when I realised dorking are still only a point behind us assuming they win their game in hand.

Yes - and looking at it, that day seems to be the 15th February, against Chipstead.  Dorking's fixtures for that week so far:

Saturday 11th: Dorking v Faversham
Wednesday 15th: Dorking v Chipstead
Saturday 18th: Chatham v Dorking

Whilst on the first Saturday (11th) we are at home to Sittingbourne and on the second (18th) away to Lewes.......

Last edited by Plumpton (29/1/2017 12:02 pm)

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

29/1/2017 1:11 pm  #38

I must agree with dac123 about Charlie T.G.  What a great loan he has been but unfortunately his month must be coming to an end quite shortly and with Quincy on his ban it must be time to bring Peter Wedgeworth back into the team.  How many times can you loan the same player in one season?  If it was possible to get Charlie on a permanent basis I'm sure Tooting fans would be very happy.  He seems to have a maturity beyond his years and at only 19 he seems to have a very bright future.  I wish him well wherever he ends up.

29/1/2017 1:37 pm  #39

"Were  you there that day when.................."

Yeah yeah yeah - rub it in why don't you Roger ! Plumpy and I won't forget !!  Grrrrr.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

29/1/2017 1:51 pm  #40

59robbery wrote:

But let's not forget that next Saturday Greenwich are at home to Dorking.

Could be interesting!

And, Mr Plumpton, while on paper it looks as though those three fixture should be winnable for Dorking - it's worth noting that their four defeats other than the one against us were Chatham, East Grinstead, Three Bridges and Herne Bay. Achilles heel perhaps......

No, certainly hadn't forgotten that bit - another day refreshing the Football Web Pages methinks......
I wonder if there is a Plumpytastic High Speed train from Stratford International to Herne Bay 

DeePee wrote:

"Were  you there that day when.................."

Yeah yeah yeah - rub it in why don't you Roger ! Plumpy and I won't forget !!  Grrrrr.

No, I don't think I will forget in a hurry.......reading on here, it seems a great display of football, Tooting really kept up the pressure in amazing style.  Watching the video there it seems like there were no dull moments during the match.  The video description says it was a 'dirty game' which others on here lead me to believe otherwise, unless the description was more about Greenwich Borough...........

I'd agree though the top of the table is still very tight - this makes the current situation even more interesting, the most interesting time for the Terrors for quite a while I'd say.........

29/1/2017 5:21 pm  #41

The ref was poor yestaday and thorght their number 6, the one who broke Bassets leg, should be fined and receive a long suspention. Best wishes to Danny Basset though

29/1/2017 5:54 pm  #42

Best game for some time. Great performance by all players, 11, 10 and 9 of them.
Thought Ian Bullock's rating of the game in the Non-League paper, 3 out of 5 was a bit mean, it deserved at least 4 if not 5/5. Great game and great atmosphere. Shame Dorking got the winner in the 90th minute. 

30/1/2017 2:37 pm  #43

Greg, I have it on good authority that he meant to give it a 5 but it was an error by the paper.

30/1/2017 5:33 pm  #44

31/1/2017 1:19 am  #45

What's that coming back from Gangerine Lane - is it Gary Walker?!   Is it Gary Walker?!

Well it seems to be.

31/1/2017 2:25 pm  #46

It might be that he is keeping his options open Bondy.

31/1/2017 3:38 pm  #47

Is that with Walton Casuals as well?

31/1/2017 8:46 pm  #48

According to our unofficial website page, the score was 1-1 on Saturday.  Did I miss something?

31/1/2017 9:09 pm  #49

Do you mean Walton Causels Edgo.  He does get around does our Gary.

01/2/2017 9:12 pm  #50

Made some observations which relate to Greenwich (as well as others) so kept in this thread.

This Saturday could see a quite a change to Greenwich Borough's position if key games are won.  If Hythe Town & Carshalton win their games, and Greenwich lose/draw against Dorking, this will put Greenwich down to fifth.  Similarly if Carshalton & Hythe draw, and Greenwich lose, this will put all three teams level on 59 points.

I realise the Ryman league is not the most easiest thing to predict, and trying little 'theories' doesn't work much in practice, but this top table is very tight.  Every point counts........and for our lead I realise also that Dorking losing to Greenwich would be advantageous, keeping the top three in the same order and extending the lead.......

Saturday will be spent finding the nearest wifi point on the Canary Islands and getting on Football Web Pages as fast as    

Board footera