“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/12/2017 1:11 pm  #26

Re: Terrors 1-3 Peckham Hipsters

Any team associated with the Red half of Manchester..........and Dulwits!

30/12/2017 9:33 pm  #27

I can't recall any serious problems between United and Dulwich before a London Senior cup match in 1983-4. United were struggling at the time and with several new players were given little chance of winning away. However a fine performance and a late goal from Stan Alexander gave us a 1-0 victory. Instead of graciously accepting the better team had won Dulwich complained that we had fielded an ineligible player. The London FA found in our favour but Dulwich then named another player they claimed was ineligible and this time the London FA  ordered the tie to be replayed. This infuriated not just the supporters but the club's officials who refused to replay and resigned from the London FA.  There may be other reasons for hating Dulwich but that is where i began.

30/12/2017 9:59 pm  #28

Can`t say I blame you Mike. If you have to start pulling strokes like that to try to get the result you wan`t, how much lower would you be prepared to go?

Darren P, that is a scandalous statement and you should be made to watch Liverpool for the rest of the season.  

31/12/2017 3:48 pm  #29

No Al, gotta agree with him I'm afraid but I'd have to expand it to any teams in the Manc area (although I'd possibly make an exception for Stockport of whom the Terrors had a great hand in their downfall - they were never the same after we allowed them to sneak past us in the FA Cup) 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

31/12/2017 6:09 pm  #30

59robbery wrote:

We were robbed in 2009............

For 'robbed' read 'gubbed' after an initial promising 10 minutes they passed us to death and ended up dancing on our FA Cup grave singing hallelujah !

Great day out though.

Board footera