“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/4/2018 2:20 pm  #1

Micky Rootes and 2000/01 Team

Interesting post on Twitter, were the club able to  assist, and what was the outcome. A truly remarkable achievement by the team..

Michael Rootes‏ @MichaelRootes Apr 2
More @OfficialTmufc @TMMembersclub1 @TMUnitedInfo @RogerRamone Hi, some of the T&M 2000-01 title winning team would like to organise a reunion at the club at the end of the season. We’re keen to arrange something that the fans can attend if interested. Who can I speak to at the club?

19/4/2018 2:28 pm  #2

Re: Micky Rootes and 2000/01 Team

The only people he (Michael Rootes) can speak to are Jackie or his lordship Steve Adkins

19/4/2018 3:04 pm  #3

Geoff thank you for your response. I am not a twitter user, but the message was posted on the 2nd APRIL and I see The Members Club has been copied. The two individuals you mention in your message would not have a clue about the 2000/01 team as it's before their time with club.

Sure this is one for the Members club to  respond and try and arrange. I think a reunion of players, especially from a very successful team is ideal to  promote the club!  Then again after the ordeal Chris Jackson endured with the hierarchy  trying to  arrange the 75th Anniversary dinner why should they?

Contact with old players is essential if the club wants to  expand and get things moving again. What a great opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19/4/2018 5:43 pm  #4

Hi Mikem, yes you are quite right about those two. I dont think they would know who we had a couple of seasons ago. Waste of space if you ask me

Board footera