“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/10/2018 8:24 pm  #1

Todays game at Cheshunt

Last season there were a lot of us were saying that we were too good to go down. Now supporters are saying that because there are teams below us in the table that we wont go down. I am a realist & nothing surprises me in football. I have said in a previous post we need a natural goalscorer. We dont defenders. Let me say that Ashley Bosah is a very nice person & that he should do the decent thing by resigning, even this mickey mouse division is just too much for him. We need an experienced person in charge before its too late. The under 23s have been given a fair crack at this level & they have shown they are not up to the standard. Rant over

13/10/2018 8:36 pm  #2

Re: Todays game at Cheshunt

Sorry Geoff to disagree but did you not see enough today to feel the eleven players who started could and would hold their own, but what we need is a stronger bench coupled with a bit more punch up front.
Like yourself you can never say never in football, but when we come across teams above us in the league we do not embarrass ourselves, what we have to do is start putting the chances away we create and this is where our weakness lies.

14/10/2018 7:11 am  #3

I was not at the game today so I can't complain... But too much youth is not a problem anymore... Ashley is trying to change things and has brought in a couple of experienced players to try and change things... I think discipline is a real problem... We have players in there who while they are leaders on the pitch, they commit lots of fouls and taunt the referee all game... We keep on shooting ourself in the head with sending offs... It happend yesterday, it happend at Hayes And it happend at Hendon last season... All 3 games we were holding on until we went down to 10 men... The last time we won a game when we didn't have 11 players out was when we beat Greenwich with 9 men... I am getting worried about another relegation battle

14/10/2018 7:51 am  #4

So are you saying Anthony that the next time we go down to ten men then another, pre-selected player from the team, joins him in the hope we might get a win.

14/10/2018 12:15 pm  #5

Yes he is pretty consistent.

Board footera