“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2023 8:38 pm  #26

Re: South London is Black and White site links

Heartfelt and enlightening, well said that man 

12/12/2023 10:23 am  #27

16/12/2023 11:48 pm  #28

17/12/2023 12:31 am  #29

Quality writing.

24/12/2023 8:03 am  #30

Gary Walker wrote:

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.  I am writing this with poor eye sight on my phone and I am also dyslexic.

I haven't attended many games recently due to illness and a injury to my leg.
Nobody needs to tell Jamie that result are not going as well as hoped. He is feeling more than anyone. Especially because he is the hardest working Volunteer at the club.
Before I go into that I would also like to thank every volunteer on week days and match days. Also thank you to the Members Club for their hard work behind the seens. There is a lot going on at the moment and when people start to see these changes I think the club will be in a good place.
I hate the league we play in. As a supporter for 48 years it is embarrassing to be honest.  The only way to climb out of this situation is for Steve Adkins to spend £3000 a week we haven't got or build a foundation. A football plan involving lower league players and youth team players.
The reason I say £3000 a week is because each player playing in a higher division wants double the amount they are currently on to drop down. They don't care about Tooting.  They just want to earn as much as they can.
I busted Jamie's balls when he first arrived as manager. I named 6 players that was on my wish list to return to Tooting.  He said he spoke to those 6 players already and then raised me by another 10 players who he asked to play for Tooting.  Some of these names I thought would jump at the chance to help us. The answer from all these players was a big no.
So Jamie has got quality players from this league plus a little gem like Shay. He is also building a really good relationship with Ashley and his Youth team managers. To see if there is talent he can play on the first team. Unlike the last few seasons these players are on merit not just for show. We are now starting to operate like a Non league football club again.
I have been listening to the Father and Son podcast who I am not allowed to name on this forum recently with great interest. They have been given a excellent balanced view on or club rebuilding. For me that's where we are and they are spot on.
For those who don't know Jamie. He is a non league legend.  He has played for some top clubs in the Isthmian Premier as well as winning promotion and three cups with Tooting. I can not think of anyone who deserves our support more than him. If he is making mistakes he will learn from them. Personally I don't think these are mistakes.  What you guys don't know is for the last 3 weeks there has been a illness plaguing the squad and coaching staff. Three players on the bench Saturday was to sick to play.  In Tuesday our loan player from Dartford played sick but was too ill to even attend the game on Saturday.
If your still reading this I would like to give you a quick look at Jamie's dairy as Tooting and Mitcham first team manager. Please remember he does this free of charge and although humble he is a Non League Legend.
Monday watching youth. Tuesday first team game or training. Wednesday washing first team kit then drying. Thursday training.  Friday I spoke to him he started work as a builder at 5.30 am so he can go to the club in the afternoon and put the dried kit out. He was just leaving the club to go home at 7 pm. Saturday match day. He then goes and washes the kit and puts it out. If anyone has any questions regarding the team please feel free to see Jamie on Wednesday afternoons or Friday afternoons in the washroom. He would be glad of the company.
My opinion for what it's worth is that we will get promoted but we must make sure its not too soon. Otherwise we will just get relegated again. Please be patient.  Jamie and his team of coaches are on it. I hear they are working on a couple of players to make us stronger. We will be OK.

Sadly Gary, football, at every level in the league structure, is about money (and that goes for most sports these days).  We are where we are on this Christmas Eve through lack of investment in the team over many years. 

Even mid-table mediocrity looks like a difficult task right now.  Unless he gets some serious backing to set the club up for next season Jamie should get out of this car crash of a club.

29/12/2023 9:12 pm  #31

Why do you have such a problem with my name?  Are you thick or just provocative?

29/12/2023 9:39 pm  #32

Ev he's an apologist plonker, the football team is screwed completely.  From the unbelievable relegation from the pits of the dreadful South Central League to  the gutter of the pyramid structure. Postings and podcast on social media sites are a total embarrassment. Those responsible for this sad mess are still at the club. 

30/12/2023 8:37 am  #33

I don’t really pipe up on here, but when the thread topic is links to a site that I help to run and there’s a reference on it to “embarrassing” social media on the club, I daresay I am bound to step in.

Nothing *online* has contributed to the debasement of the club’s stature more than the ludicrous dreck posted on this forum over a number of years now.

Elsewhere online there are people who, whilst seeing first hand the decline of the club’s status- from the stands and not their armchairs- still manage to be positive about the club and try to encourage others along.

If you don’t like any of the output you’re seeing Mikem, create your own. If you feel embarrassed by content about the club, create your own.

It should be known that South London is Black and White is a site “for supporters, by supporters” and we actively encourage supporters to submit pieces of writing for the site. Mikem, I cordially invite you to write a piece and, subject to whether or not I decide to post it on the site or not, we can publish it for you. I will say, though, that if it aligns with some of the borderline libellous nonsense we often see on this forum, I probably will exercise my editorial control (I’m being purposefully grand as a joke) and leave it on these pages.

31/12/2023 9:16 am  #34

Asupportersupports wrote:

I do love the way this Forum degenerates into personal insults as soon as someone says anything remotely positive. Sad doesn't begin to describe it.

It is good to see you leading from the front regarding personal insults.

01/1/2024 11:44 am  #35

Ev...Well said! As for respect it's given when deserved. 

02/1/2024 11:00 am  #36

Absolutely pathetic Asupportersupports, no wonder the football team is on the verge of collapse and extinction!  As I have said many times before "The team should be disbanded, and die peacefully!" 

02/1/2024 11:03 am  #37

Still no criticism of Mark Hams?

02/1/2024 8:38 pm  #38

Well Besty, it appears your thread providing links to your entertaining and not in the slightest ' embarassing ' reviews of games has been well and truly hijacked. 

May I suggest you start a new thread with links to your extremely readable South London is Black & White and I will start a thread where I invite our warring factions to trade and exchange insults.

03/1/2024 5:01 am  #39

30/1/2024 5:36 pm  #40

Board footera