“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/4/2024 9:28 am  #276

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

Yet another “heart breaking” negative Toots result last night. Lost for words.

17/4/2024 7:41 pm  #277

I am sure that at this very moment Mr. Adkins and his crack team of football experts are working day and night to get us promoted next season.

Please do not give up hope!

18/4/2024 10:40 am  #278

Hope gave up on our once great club. RIP

18/4/2024 1:50 pm  #279

I am surprised Mike, that you of all people, have not bought into the “Master Plan”.

18/4/2024 2:58 pm  #280

A manager with huge passion but little experience. A very limited playing budget.

What was the realistic expectation at the start and during the season?

After four games scoring for fun and playing genuine champagne football - probably winning the league at a canter.

After the slump in the middle - back to back relegation.

More recent run of hit and miss....mid-table mediocrity.I

Without significant investment in the team, is anyone brave or optimistic enough to go above "mid-table mediocrity" for next season too?

I can only revert to my most hated current cliche "it is what it is".

18/4/2024 3:18 pm  #281

Sadly Andy, football, just like virtually every other sport, is now about money. No matter what the purists say, that is the fact of the matter.  No spend = no success.

We should have been slugging it out with Farnham for promotion instead of languishing in the bottom half of the table.

21/4/2024 3:55 am  #282

After the “we were robbed in 59” history for those who remember , what would the phrase be now? Another massive defeat yesterday makes me think of comments not allowed on this forum I’m afraid ! Still optimism for next seasons exciting fixtures? “Good times a coming” !

21/4/2024 4:57 am  #283

If results go our way we can still claim 10th place.  That will shut up the supporters who don't like the way the owner runs the club.

23/4/2024 10:40 am  #284

The reference to the Terrors “We woz robbed in 59” by Nottingham Forest had a poignant meaning this weekend. Nottingham Forest, fighting for premiership survival had 3 penalties appeals turned down by officials. Tooting in “59” lost the game to a disastrous penalty decision by the ref.  The penalty was given against Ted Murphy who was adjudged to have handled the ball. In fact, it was clear the ball hit him high on the shoulder, much to the disgust of all Tooting fans TV, and National Press.

Another crucial incident this weekend in the FA Cup Semi-final between Coventry City and Manchester United, when City were denied a crucial match winning goal by match officials. Why mention this?  The infamous ref named Wanke (you can’t make this name up), came from Coventry, and was sacked by the FA a couple of weeks after the Tooting incident!

The professional clubs mentioned above still survive in various forms of success, while Tooting next season will only be ranked 5th in the borough of Merton, and only second on their own ground!

Since 2005:  Quote “The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)  20 years on RIP the famous of yester year. Roll on Wimbledon and District League!

24/4/2024 8:20 am  #285

Great response Mikem. My dear old Dad often talked about that 59” match that he went to at Sandy Lane, for me the 1970’s hold the memories but for fear of being labelled as living in the past glories, what memories can be taken from the past several seasons? Best not answer that !!!!

27/4/2024 4:12 pm  #286

Surely an embarrassing end of season home game result for Toots this afternoon , and an insult to all those past and present supporters who still care about this club ! 

27/4/2024 4:31 pm  #287

Blimey!  I just looked at the result.  Not good

27/4/2024 11:10 pm  #288

The bog end were (as always) outstanding today. Loud singing, great humour, a conga - the full works 

Ok, so not the result anyone wanted to see on the pitch but as a game it didn't actually matter. We were bad and I would think Farnham only got in to second/third gear a couple of times....

However, in true Tooting spirit it was great to catch up with people for some good laughs and banter.

Top of the shopping list? A new guy in a green shirt, please.

28/4/2024 6:29 am  #289

Fair comment Andy P. The Bog end vocalists should be credited for their unrelenting dedication and support of Toots over many, many seasons ! And that credit should come by  positive actions many have communicated over a number of years now. Yes, some would say  that perhaps some of us getting even more senior  in age reflecting on past  Toots glories and feel good feelings after beating old rivals , as always “moaning” or “move on” etc yet all we want is a competitive football team , Ownership and management creating a decent team in a higher league where Toots should belong. Don’t leave it too late as for some of us time perhaps is not  always on our side !!!!

Today 8:50 am  #290

Interesting to see that sadly groundless Kingstonian have managed to make a high profile appointment of the ex-Walton and Hersham manager which in turn should attract a number of decent players. Certainly not suggesting we should be looking to replace JB but it's interesting that another club in a precarious position has made a bold move forward where as us with a fabulous stadium might be planning to tread water again.

Today 10:48 am  #291

Unless those running the club decide on a total change of direction, I cannot see the club getting out of this mess.  Upon relegation to this league I said that we had to get promoted out of it straight away or be stuck down here for seasons on end.

The playoffs are our only hope unless the bullet is firmly bitten with the team getting the funding for us to boss this division and set it up to be a force back in the Isthmian ranks.

Today 12:25 pm  #292

Can we have a decent coach please?  Defending is not just kicking the ball up the other end of the pitch and hoping someone will latch on to it!

Board footera