“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/4/2022 1:13 pm  #101

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

Surely if Toots do not get at home , a healthy result and performance tomorrow against Staines (no disrespect to StainesTown) then the writing is truly on the wall for the current Toots establishment regardless of staying up in this current league and next seasons outcomes?

18/4/2022 1:57 pm  #102

Phew! Well done Toots on todays bank holiday result win!

18/4/2022 4:13 pm  #103

Sorry Steptoe but the writing has been on the wall all season just because we managed to avoid relegation is not going to change anything this club under this owner is a complete and utter joke.My younger brother attended the game today complete with a t shirt that was a little derogatory towards our owner he was told to either take it off or leave the ground even though there was no swear words printed on the t shirt the person who told him this was an erstwhile ex sutton supporter name of Nick Shaw one of adkins bottom lickers.
My brother has been following the club nearly as long as me and thats a long time.NO WONDER WE ARE LOSING LONG TIME SUPPORTERS WHEN YOU CANT EVEN SHOW HOW UNHAPPY YOU ARE IN CASE IT UPSETS THIS TOSSER OF AN OWNER.

18/4/2022 5:39 pm  #104

I certainly do not disagree with you daniel collins ! I first took an interest through my Dad of Toots in the 1960’s. I cannot say I have ever been a hardcore supporter like some of the now departed “Steptoes’s” but have always come back to support them.
Surely this season in particular has got to be the worse for many reasons ( all well documented on this website ) for many a decade with the fear of no prospect of positive change in the future.
I just feed on scraps of wins even at this level of football and try to maintain some hope!!!

23/4/2022 4:13 pm  #105

So there it is, Toots 15th in the league table on 34 points with Westfield and Sutton Common Rovers who both won on the last day of this season!
Is there hope for next season ? Surely this has been the worst campaign for Toots in decades and has too much damage been done or then again!!!?

24/4/2022 11:47 am  #106

For anyone wondering how the relegation playoffs next Saturday are going to go……here they are:

1 Histon FC v Consett FC
2 Kempston Rovers FC v Eccleshill United FC
3 Cinderford Town FC v Skelmersdale United FC
4 Chalfont St Peter FC v Boldmere St Michaels FC
5 Witham Town FC v Saffron Walden Town FC
6 Lancing FC v Newhaven FC

Skelmersdale have a bit of a slog, as have Boldmere….

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (24/4/2022 11:51 am)

The Isthmian SC division - suburban grimness and misery 

24/4/2022 11:58 am  #107

Having a look at the CCL, I’d wager Walton & Hersham joining the SC division, Beckenham Town has SE written all over it.  Looking at the geography of the relegation playoffs there may well be a bit of shuffling between the divisions, unfortunately for T&M though some others look like geographically better candidates to go to the SE side……

From the CCL North, Hanworth Villa and Southall fits into the SC area, though I can still see W&H in the SC league.

I’d agree with many that if this season had ended normally (without Whyteleafe being included) landing up with the same amount of points as a relegation playoff team, only surviving by goal difference isn’t really a high point…..

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (24/4/2022 12:03 pm)

28/4/2022 3:24 pm  #108

It doesn’t seem that long ago when me and the mrs went to Toots promotion game against Dorking at Dorking whereby both clubs gained promotion! The rest is history. Just look at Dorkings  and for that matter Maidstone United’s position now, another club not that long ago that Toots was playing against. Both clubs enjoying success and their supporters enjoying a decent level of football and expectation ! 
Am I bitter ? Yes 
Am I hopeful that Toots will improve on this past dreadful season? No
And to think under different circumstances this great club could have or should  have done so much better.

30/4/2022 11:35 am  #109

In a little over four hours from the time of this post Chalfont will know if they’ve managed to stay up…..

Chertsey v Hanwell tomorrow afternoon for the playoff going the other way.

A very interesting weekend.

30/4/2022 3:11 pm  #110

BernieTheBolt wrote:

A very interesting weekend.

Crikey, just looked now and as of the 52nd minute Chalfont are trailing behind Boldmere 0-2.  I bet a load of support from the midlands has come down, the novelty of a travelling game like this plus a promotion chance.  No attendance given yet though……imagine if the Boldmere faithful had come down the night before, the local B&B owners would never have seen so much black pudding disappear in one morning.

Edit:  As of 65 mins make that 0-3

And at 89’ 0-4

A little bit of movement on the cards, guess we will have to wait until July to see the direction the SC league goes (and even if we’re in it)

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (30/4/2022 3:46 pm)

01/5/2022 5:27 pm  #111

A good weekend for Hanwell Town, while Chertsey stay at step 4.  A definite geographical possibility for a team coming from the CCL North with a gap in the locality……

16/5/2022 10:45 am  #112

A message to the Powers at be ! When I started this thread back in February this year I never expected over 12000 views and never expected the demise of this famous club.
I see Dorking had a tremendous result last weekend and are going from strength to strength. I have no intention of following Dorking but wish them all the best in their ongoing promotion campaigns.
What have Toots done, well enough said other to say to the powers at be  that 12000 views indicates to me the desire, expectation and potential support this club still has and deserves so much better than what has been happening.
Yes football has its ups and downs, NOW is the time to make the right changes, investment and bring back the pride in this club. The only way is UP !!! Please !

15/6/2022 5:09 am  #113

Just hoping I don’t have to rekindle this thread again next season, looked like the England International team had been watching and adopting Toots level of current coaching and footballing skills in their game against Hungary last night. Perhaps Southgate might consider taking over the terrors if there are resignations!!!

Board footera