“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/5/2022 10:45 am  #101

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

A message to the Powers at be ! When I started this thread back in February this year I never expected over 12000 views and never expected the demise of this famous club.
I see Dorking had a tremendous result last weekend and are going from strength to strength. I have no intention of following Dorking but wish them all the best in their ongoing promotion campaigns.
What have Toots done, well enough said other to say to the powers at be  that 12000 views indicates to me the desire, expectation and potential support this club still has and deserves so much better than what has been happening.
Yes football has its ups and downs, NOW is the time to make the right changes, investment and bring back the pride in this club. The only way is UP !!! Please !

15/6/2022 5:09 am  #102

Just hoping I don’t have to rekindle this thread again next season, looked like the England International team had been watching and adopting Toots level of current coaching and footballing skills in their game against Hungary last night. Perhaps Southgate might consider taking over the terrors if there are resignations!!!

05/8/2022 6:11 am  #103

In light of learning of Toots  fantastic friendly results should we be posting  already on this thread for  the inevitable disaster with this new seasons campaign !?

06/8/2022 10:18 am  #104

A day full of hope and the first step towards an inevitable date at Wembley next year 

Was reading this morning that Cobham reached the first qualifying round in 2002....to then be beaten by T&M - hopefully a good omen for today 

07/8/2022 8:53 am  #105

Well done Toots. We are on our way !!! Let’s hope this thread becomes redundant in this seasons campaign !

28/8/2022 8:17 am  #106

Guess it is already time to rekindle this thread from last seasons debacle !!!! 

28/8/2022 7:42 pm  #107

endofthelane wrote:

For those who don't know the relegation picture is a bit different this year.  The bottom 2 go down - that seems to be set in stone.  And originally the 3rd and 4th bottom were to be involved in some sort of playoffs, but due to teams folding and other reorganisations, the 4th bottom spot is now safe.

But all 8 of the step 4 teams that finish 3rd bottom go into a pool and will be ranked on a points per game basis.  Some will be involved in a playoff with a step 5 team and some may be repreived depending on other step 5 teams etc.

So the minimum target to avoid the drop is 4th bottom.

Just had a look for 2022/2023 and according to the FA Handbook (pages 439 & 440) the points per game element for the relegation playoffs seems to have gone.  It describes a straight playoff for the teams who are third and fourth from bottom, another slight change:  https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-association/2022-23/individual-sections/fa_handbook_2022-23_v11.ashx

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

29/8/2022 7:53 am  #108

Can anyone remind me where Toots was after the first three games played last season ? And for historians what have been the memorable seasons where Tooting and Mitcham have started a campaign so poorly only to recover greatly by the end of their fixtures ?

29/8/2022 8:38 am  #109

STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! wrote:

Can anyone remind me where Toots was after the first three games played last season ? And for historians what have been the memorable seasons where Tooting and Mitcham have started a campaign so poorly only to recover greatly by the end of their fixtures ?

The nearest league table archive I could find to here was the 3rd October last year - where T&M had 7 points (out of five games) and were ninth in the league:
https://web.archive.org/web/20211003070151/https://www.isthmian.co.uk/match-info/tables?table_id=d-3290342

However after the first three games we were in the same boat with one point (3-0 loss to Westfield, 1-2 loss to Thatcham Town and a 1-1 draw with SCR), a win against Chipstead and a 7-3 win against Northwood just afterwards provided a bit of a boost.

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (29/8/2022 8:39 am)

30/8/2022 5:46 am  #110

Thanks BernieTheBolt for the info.

06/10/2022 6:43 pm  #111

It’s come to a bit of a sad state when you’re watching matches like Bedfont Sports v Westfield with baited breath.  If Bedfont had gone three points up last night quite a few teams - including T&M - would have gone down a place on the table.  I get both main sides on this forum, the side that wants the best for the team as it is, and the side that looks how things have changed over the years, but really, names like Bedfont and Westfield?  No disrespect to those teams but like others say the current situation really is the dregs.  The Combined Counties wouldn’t even be that different.

07/10/2022 11:24 am  #112

Every supporter including those on this forum want the best for the Football Team, and are desperate to see something happen.  The spiral in decline of the Football team has been mind blowing. The newer fans have no idea the level of Football our team played at once a upon a time. That is all history now, except for the glimpse of those players at the reunion last Saturday. Everything is pitiful to watch, the players and management are completely out of their depth and it doesn’t matter if the team are relegated or in the promotion play-offs, the structure to support the team will remain the same…….bottom of the list!!!!!!!

Good luck to the likes of Binfield, Westfield and Sevenoaks, they have the perfect balance in their respective clubs between serving the community and first team football, even if the play in fenced off farm fields, like many of the clubs at this level.  Tooting are where they deserved to be just a junior club now, and they would struggle in the combined counties league. Roll on the Wimbledon and District or Clapham and District League where it all started.

Since 2005:  Quote “The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

07/10/2022 1:11 pm  #113

19665 views on this post must say something of the interest and desire for this club to do soooo much better. Without significant changes this thread will roll over until the end of this season with very limited joy  and pride for the supporters and the team ! To the people who do have influence, make this great team proud again !

07/10/2022 2:27 pm  #114

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the boardroom after the south park game maybe listening to what those great players of the seventies thought of the dreadful fare that they saw, im pretty sure it wouldant have been that complimentary.
Unfortunately steptoe all the while the clowns that now run the club are there then i dont think there will be much to be proud of.

The useful idiots that spout on about what a great community club we are really do not have a clue.
I dont suppose they are even aware that when the conferance league was first formed it was by invitation only and Tooting being one of the top non league clubs were invited to join.
Nick shaw and the rest of the Adkins mob really do not have clue.

07/10/2022 7:15 pm  #115

Although I witnessed all of those great games in the 70s, and cherish Alan Ives' goal against Swindon as the best Tooting goal ever, I could not attend on Saturday to see those fantastic players, as I refuse to give the current owner another single penny of my money.

07/10/2022 7:28 pm  #116

Ev your the same as me i like many others refuse to give that man any money i have nothing but contempt for adkins but all i can do is wish he disappears up his own backside.

08/10/2022 4:53 pm  #117

Well, one point above the zone - which could get even more perilous if Merstham win against Guernsey on Monday and the two teams end up on five points.  A very narrow margin for quite a few teams : /

08/10/2022 6:51 pm  #118

Does it really where they finish in the league, it's all totally irrelevant, 

11/10/2022 10:27 am  #119

I just looked at yesterday's result and the league table.  The fight for relegation looks like a real hum-dinger already!

Exciting stuff 😱

12/10/2022 1:52 pm  #120

evthedog wrote:

I just looked at yesterday's result and the league table.  The fight for relegation looks like a real hum-dinger already!

Exciting stuff 😱

Indeed, five teams on six points and Merstham got their point narrowly - two goals within the 90th minute to equalise!

12/10/2022 4:14 pm  #121

Yes Bernie. Relegation could well be decided by which clubs can put together the longest losing streaks.

I could tip a tissue in excitement!

16/10/2022 8:46 am  #122

Toots hovering near the relegation zone, Sutton Common Rovers winning yesterday, even the Prime Minister sacked her staff. At least try and make some changes Tooting and Mitcham !!!!

16/10/2022 4:18 pm  #123

Any news on Nikolai and Shamal?

We still need that rough and ready older central midfielder who can mix it a bit and put a foot on the ball.

Otherwise, we certainly will be relying on the teams below continuing to be even worse than we are.

20/10/2022 1:23 pm  #124

As the Prime Minister has now resigned should there now be  resignation's and a change of guard for Tooting and Mitcham FC ?

20/10/2022 6:44 pm  #125

Will the Rose amongst the (many) thorns...(or prick..ly things) make a difference? Let's hope so...

Good to see Shamal was back this week and Nikolai.

Fingers crossed for the big win on Saturday...

Board footera