“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/2/2016 6:21 pm  #1

Adriano Moraes released

According to the Facebook page Adriano has been released. Strange decision to me

22/2/2016 6:43 pm  #2

Re: Adriano Moraes released

Didn't see that one coming!!!

22/2/2016 6:43 pm  #3

Yes, odd one for me. The only back up in his position is the untried Owen Roberts and maybe SPB. In any case, I think he's done well since he joined us.

22/2/2016 6:55 pm  #4

What's that all about?did he have bad game Saturday?As you say where's his replacement?Sol has played there,but is he full time centre back?Be interesting tomorrow,weather permitting.

22/2/2016 9:14 pm  #5

I dont know whats happening down there, we are releasing the wrong players. The player released should be Gavin, Antoine & Serge. We should be bringing in a big striker to play alongside Jake. Strikers always came in pairs, ( 1 big & 1 small). Adriano never let us down unlike his old partner at the heart of the defence.

22/2/2016 9:33 pm  #6

Yet another surprising decision, I don't suppose anybody knows whether he left or was released by the club, I remember from talking to him before the start of the Godalming game he was a bit miffed at being rested for Owen Roberts, and I felt he was often made a scapegoat after a poor performance.
Like you Geoff I felt he was the better of the pair at the centre, but it appears that Frank finds it hard to drop, or let go, his mates.
Thank you Adriano for all your good work for the team and I hope you find a club where you are appreciated, soon.
Posted on the Robin site, it appears Lee Hall wanted to join Chipstead but Craig did not take him.
PS The above about Lee Hall is purely a repeat of a posting on their forum and does not constitute a proven fact.
I thought I had better add the last bit in case I get accused of rumour mongering.

22/2/2016 9:38 pm  #7

He did ok at Hastings - and anyway, you wouldn't release someone on the back of one game. As far as I'm concerned I wouldn't say he is any weaker than Simeone and has been fairly consistent. And it's not like we've been shipping goals and I can't remember any goals that could be directly attributed to him.

I don't think he's let us down at all so all the best for the future Adriano.

23/2/2016 9:56 am  #8

It can't possibly be for footballing reasons. Solid, consistent, reliable defender.

Adriano is very forthright in his opinions and I saw him and Simmo exchanging points of view after Hastings' first goal on Saturday. All I know so far is that Adriano was 'Asked to leave'.

I'll miss his mum 

23/2/2016 10:17 am  #9

Cannot make this out to be a sensible decision. If anybody was to go it should be Simeone who has had a couple of nightmare games recently.

23/2/2016 10:59 am  #10

Gosh, this is unusual I know but I find myself disagreeing with all the opinions above.
Whilst I also might have found other areas to strengthen first as soon as I saw the news of Lee rejoining I thought that might signal the end of Adriano.
Perhaps this is because I watch the game from the half way line rather than behind the opposition goal?

Certainly a lovely lad who has been fully committed whilst zebra clad and I thank him for his efforts.
But.....Endo - he was directly responsible for the first goal on Saturday as one of the defenders left back.
And I think he has been struggling physically over the last couple of months.  
Have I been the only one to feel my heart racing at all those clever drag backs? Despite being nearly caught out on numerous occasions and with neither central defender quick enough to manage any recovery.
Not required.  Win the ball and simply give it to a ball player or hit in to a channel.

Whist I am saddened that this may limit the playing opportunities of currently injured Kurtis Pyke, whose performances suggest real potential, Lee will certainly stiffen up the middle where we struggle.

Nobody above has mentioned Ashley Robinson who has played at the back for us on a number of occasions this season, admittedly usually behind or in front of the back line, and who has no role in our current formation.

23/2/2016 12:08 pm  #11

Bondy wrote:

Nobody above has mentioned Ashley Robinson who has played at the back for us on a number of occasions this season, admittedly usually behind or in front of the back line, and who has no role in our current formation.

If Ashley is a defender then I'm a monkey's uncle, as I was just saying to my nephew Abu as I fed him his bananas last night.

23/2/2016 1:17 pm  #12

You are bl**dy mad Cricket!
but I like it!
See you tonight buddy.

Board footera