“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/11/2013 10:56 am  #1

What a difference a year (or two) makes

Last season, well ever since the departure of Mark Beard to be precise, I have to say that as time went on I dreaded making my way from sunny South Croydon to Imperial Fields, and at the end of last season, just for a moment, I thought of not bothering any more just as so many others have.

But when Craig was appointed and I, for the first time ever, went to the pre-season matches and saw and felt that the playing side had been totally refreshed and a whole new spirit was evident in the players and staff.

This carried on into the season proper.  The team was playing football; looked to be enjoying it and I was enjoying it too!  It has taken a few weeks for it all to come together but I think that we are now seeing good football played by players who want to play it.  Of course there have  been some poor results, but even in the defeats and luckless draws I have seen the team has played good football, and unlike last season, we always look like we are able and going to score.  And at last we have strikers who can score!  What a different play Sol Pinnock is this season.

As long as we play like this and remain injury free I think that we will live comfotably in the division this year and will have plenty to build on for next season.  Having said that though, the play-off places in this division  (Hasings who look at this stage like the dominant team) are there for the taking and who knows what is going to happen?

08/11/2013 3:53 pm  #2

Re: What a difference a year (or two) makes

Yes well done to Craig, the coaches and the team. I agree that Sol seems a different player this season and good to have Colin back.
I think Guernsey have an excellent chance of automatic promotion closley followed by Leatherhead and Hastings. The other 2 could be any at this stage.
Fingers crossed for a 4th straight win tomorrow.

08/11/2013 11:00 pm  #3

Re: What a difference a year (or two) makes

Just be nice not to have to worry about getting relegated.... I'd be happy for mid table and a chance to build on that for next season.

There's a better feeling about the place this year which is great and the players seem more willing to play as a team unlike last year. Also a few old and new faces behind the goal over the last few games...

Things are looking good

Board footera