“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/11/2013 5:50 pm  #1

After the Lord Mayor's show...

Haven't been this disappointed in a result for a long time.

10/11/2013 1:23 am  #2

Re: After the Lord Mayor's show...

Really frustrated after this!!!! We were the better side for long periods. We gifted them the three points despite dominating posession for long periods. Having said that, they didn't look like a side who were bottom of the table. But we should have won the game having got back level against ten men (their number five had it coming for a long time. No surprise when he got sent off). Some supporters claimed that the number nine should not have been on the pitch to score the winner. He seemed to give it the big un just after scoring. Can anyone shed any light on that? 

And to answer your question, 59robbery. The last Tooting centre half to score a hatrick was Danny Twin on the 1st May 2004 in a 3-0 win at Corinthian Casuals

10/11/2013 10:45 am  #3

Some of their supporters I chatted to thought they were unfortunate not to get more than a draw from their gane agaist the seemingly stuttering Casuals.
And they certainly knew how to break well when they did get an opportunity and some tidy finishes.

Against Horsham the team showed how, if you stay patient and keep playing your footie, the results will come.
And, as Fretters acknowledges, we dominated possession well for much of the match.
And we came back quickly from 0-1 down and then 1-3 down by keeping the pressure on.

Oh well, good run to that point and now start again on Tuesday.
Quite incredible goal tally to date by Cheadle.

10/11/2013 2:58 pm  #4

Were you there from the start, Bondy, as I do believe we actually went 1-0 up before they took a 3-1 lead??

10/11/2013 4:13 pm  #5

fretters wrote:

Really frustrated after this!!!! We were the better side for long periods. We gifted them the three points despite dominating posession for long periods. Having said that, they didn't look like a side who were bottom of the table. But we should have won the game having got back level against ten men (their number five had it coming for a long time. No surprise when he got sent off). Some supporters claimed that the number nine should not have been on the pitch to score the winner. He seemed to give it the big un just after scoring. Can anyone shed any light on that? 

And to answer your question, 59robbery. The last Tooting centre half to score a hatrick was Danny Twin on the 1st May 2004 in a 3-0 win at Corinthian Casuals

The Eastbourne number 9 threw a punch at a Tooting player (Josh Turner I think) on the stand side touchline. He missed, but it was still unquestionably violent conduct and so he should have been sent off. There is no doubt that the referee did see it as he spoke to 9 at the next stop in play. Not to have taken any action was spineless refereeing. And it not only cost Tooting the game as 9 went on to score the winner, but also contributed to the atmosphere that led to the mass brawl in the closing minutes.

11/11/2013 10:23 am  #6

It was just one of those matches.  I think we failed close their midfield down, as we have been doing so well in previous matches, and we did not exploit them only having ten men towards the end of the match.  We did not stretch them and create the space that was available after the sending off.

Disappointed yes.  Dispondent no.

11/11/2013 1:46 pm  #7

Maybe the defence should have played a bit deeper, especially if the garryowen is the main offensive weapon of the opposition.

On the attacking side, I thought we were OK - we scored 3 after all!  The build up was patient, just like the Horsham game, but I felt we lacked bodies in the box at times.  This is where we are missing a goal hanger like Frankie Sawyer.

Board footera