“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/8/2016 10:37 pm  #1

Chats 2 Toots 3

Another mixed bag with us beginning the game with pace and purpose. And we were good value for the 2 goal lead with scores from Bassett and a long range blinder from Roberts. But our control evaporated after about 20 mins and we ended up in a bit of a scrap for the rest of the game. They pulled one back with one of their first real attacks and we were indebted to Pierson for another fine 1 on 1 stop after another defensive slip up.

The second half carried on in the same vein and was a bit scrappy, although there seemed to be a belief in the Chatham side that they could get back into it. We had a couple of defensive hiccups but we also showed a bit of resolve at the back as well.  However it was us who scored next when Dunn got the ball outside the box and lined up his shot which found the back of the net courtesy of a deflection.  I'm sure it was going in anyway! Their 2nd goal came in the 90th minute from rather a straightforward free kick and header. We had the chance to wrap it up a minute or so later but it didn't matter as the whistle went to calm my nerves.

In summary it was good to see all our forwards on the scoresheet but we do look a bit fragile at the back at times.

16/8/2016 9:25 am  #2

Re: Chats 2 Toots 3

endofthelane wrote:

However it was us who scored next when Dunn got the ball outside the box and lined up his shot which found the back of the net courtesy of a deflection. I'm sure it was going in anyway! 

I told you all after the friendlies that Billy was the man to solve our goal scoring worries but none of you were willing to listen to me were you ? 

16/8/2016 12:45 pm  #3

Early days Cricket, early days.
I must admit though, it would be nice to eat my words, if he takes over Jakes mantle then credit to him.
On a different tack, does Antonio still get down your gym, might be worth a shout if he does, after all he formed a good partnership with Simmo and might solve the nerves at the back, just a thought!

16/8/2016 3:07 pm  #4

If you mean Adriano, yes he does get down the gym regularly but he's studying his tits off as he's in his last year at Uni. He's taking a year out from footy until he qualifies as a Gynecologist or something.

16/8/2016 3:54 pm  #5

It was indeed a little odd last night.
When we were on top and pressing hard we looked very comfortable indeed.
But at other times......

Very energetic performance from Danny B up front who is certainly quick enough to get behind defenders.
Still too much dwelling on the ball at this time in the season of long, thick grass and touches that are not yet 100% confident.   If it needs hoofing away then hoof it!

It will be great if/when Tenny and Roberts can find the same understanding down the left as Sol and Jordan enjoy down the right.   Not quite there yet.

We are 2nd in the table (behind the Robins).   Bask in the glory. 

16/8/2016 4:08 pm  #6

Having watched the game yesterday it surprises me that nobody has mentioned the outstanding performance of Danny Bassett-absolutely immaculate.His ball control,hold up play and skill levels were really first rate.He must also be pretty fit as he made so many runs into good positions throughout the game.The team played very well trying to push forward from the off.Good stuff but must tighten up in defence as this game should have been comfortably closed down.

16/8/2016 8:15 pm  #7

Excuse my Faux pas Cricket, their is only one, such a waste for him to lose a season, but good luck to him.

17/8/2016 5:56 am  #8

good

Board footera