“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/11/2013 10:15 pm  #1

Haringey Borough v T &M

Won 5-1. Scorers Williams, Gjoni 2, Nkoma,Cheadle.

Next round home to Thamesmead Town next Tuesday 26th.

Last edited by Andy Harrup (22/11/2013 11:15 am)

20/11/2013 1:08 pm  #2

Re: Haringey Borough v T &M

Now that was a seriously cold night!
So cold that I interupted my circuits of the pitch to join the zebra clad masses huddled together behind the goal like penguins in the Arctic.  All 6 of them!

Ok we saw 5 Terror goals, including another Cheadle effort to blast right through the net with his penalty.
But the highlight was sampling what may prove to be 'Burger of the Season'.   Lovely.

T&M struggle to attract non league fans because we have the Sluts and Robins so close to us. Never mind Palace and Chelsea.
Harringay B have a stadium with potential to develop all round the ground. But they are surrounded in close proximity by footie clubs of all levels, some of which ground share.  No chance. 
And yet a lovely new club house/function room with a bar far better stocked than most (and certainly Redhill that we drunk dry in short order)
And 3 new floodlights paid for by their recent good run in the FA vase.
Tricky.  Wish them well

21/11/2013 12:27 pm  #3

Sadly I missed my paddle down in Folkestone 59er.
And like you I was a bit concerned that the report from Scoop Pigott and views of those on here suggested that we created hardly a thing.
And that was despite having a side at pretty full strength lacking, I believe, just Frankie S. 

But we know we are not the best side.  Or the worst side (although we keep losing to them!)  
So fingers crossed to get back on track at home this weekend in front of the baying masses and go on another good run against teams in positions much like ours (8th, 20th, 5th, 16th and 11th).
Who knows?  It is the excitement of the unknown.

22/11/2013 11:06 am  #4

Andy - when is the next round?  Obviously not the 19th, but is it planned for this Tuesday?  Its not on the Thamesmead website.

22/11/2013 11:16 am  #5

Sorry Endo. It is next Tuesday which is of course the 26th.

22/11/2013 11:43 am  #6

Thank Gawd for that......the next time the 19th falls on a Tuesday is August 2014.

Folkestone WAS abysmal Bondy, the skipper Quarmy was also absent but that's no excuse. If I had been playing in goal for Folkestone on Saturday they would still have won 3-0.......in fact we were so toothless, Folkestone could have fielded Crystal Palace's back four and still kept a clean sheet. Interesting to note, only Colin Hartburn and Nathan Gordon acknowledged our presence at the end  (not that our support was particularly vocal) but a polite 'thanks for coming' wouldn't have gone amiss.

Nice to hear the lads got back to winning ways on Tuesday and restore a bit of optimism for the visit of Walton & Hersham.

COME ON TOOTING !!

22/11/2013 11:57 am  #7

Interesting, as Thamesmead have a league game against Hampton on Tuesday - perhaps they are sending a reserve side.

22/11/2013 12:25 pm  #8

The 'all knowing' Karen had told me the Thamesmead game was arranged in advance of our last match, no matter if it was us or Harringay B, because we were so far behind.
So they certainly know it is on that date.

Doubtless the equally all knowing Andy H will provide us with the complete picture.

Think we are in the same side of the draw as Cray, AFC and Bromley (don't quote me)  
Perhaps they will all be good enough to field reserve sides and we can sail right through to the final.
Too hopeful?

22/11/2013 12:52 pm  #9

I can tell you that the winner of the Thamesmead game will have another home tie against Welling or Cray Valley Paper Mills in the next round.  The winners of that game have a home semi final against Wimbledon, Bromley, Cray Wanderers or London Bari.

22/11/2013 12:55 pm  #10

22/11/2013 4:28 pm  #11

Calm down Bondy, have another burger. Yes we have won a cup game but don't get too carried away! I would willingly swap that with a win in the league. Bring on W&H. My view is we will win but when was I last right?

22/11/2013 4:31 pm  #12

Accordng to  the Ryman League website Thamesmead are at home to  Hampton, and Tooting do  not have have a game listed. This site is normally very reliable.

24/11/2013 1:03 am  #13

Absolutely right Mike, that league game is still scheduled.
I am told today they did not want to play the cup game on Tuesday but were instructed to do so by the London FA as the cup game has priority.
Still not willing to do that!!!   So they will be sending some sort of side down just to fulfill the fixture.

We could respond by playing you & I up front with Dave Irons in goal. 

24/11/2013 8:47 pm  #14

Not quite as straight forward as the London Cup game taking priority given that Thamesmead Town's parent FA is Kent. However there are set dates by which these ties have to be played and for whatever reason, Thamesmead chose to rearrange a previously postponed league fixture for 26th of November having already agreed with both ourselves and Haringey Borough that they would play the winner of our tie on that date.

24/11/2013 8:52 pm  #15

The Ryman website fixture list has now been updated to include Thamesmead's game with Tooting, and their league fixture against Hampton remains. The London Senior Cup fixture has always had priority over every other fixture except FA Cup  and Trophy games. Lets see what action the London FA take!

All the senior  clubs in the competition, especially Conference and Conference South teams no longer take this competition seriously, fielding reseerve or youth  teams. This once famous compition has been totally devalued over ther years, Who will ever forget the final at Highbury against Hendon where 15000 plus attended this game at the end of the season.

In view of the situation on Tuesday why don't we field the reserve team, they are having a great season, and it will give everyone a chance to  view any potential talent!

Board footera