“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/11/2013 10:49 am  #1

T&M 2 Thamesmead Town 0

A fairly comfortable win against Thamesmead's reserve team in front of 40 odd hardy souls.

We made 10 changes from the starting line up in Saturday's match with Jordan Cheadle being the only player to start in both.

Francis Quarm was Captain,  Frankie Sawyer played at number 10 and scored our first. TJ made it 2-0.

We now play at home to Welling United or Cray Valley (PM) who play tonight.

27/11/2013 10:57 am  #2

Re: T&M 2 Thamesmead Town 0

Confirmation of how serious this competition is taken, Welling United will field their under 21 team aginst Cray Valley tonight. We last played Cray Valley, when our reserves beat them in the London Intermediate Cup and we went on to win the at  final Sutton.

Was our crowd last night the lowest ever recorded by us for a first team fixture?????

27/11/2013 8:39 pm  #3

Mike stop being so negative we ourselves are playing mostly reserves and it gives them a chance to play compeditive games.

Also please return to the fold we are missing you.

27/11/2013 10:14 pm  #4

Our attendance last night may well have been the lowest seen for a T&M competitive first team fixture however at 64 is probably higher than we would have had had the club not taken the decision to lower the admission price and beat the 50 something that Thamesmead achieved last night for their home Ryman league fixture against Hampton & Richmond Borough!

I understand too that Cray Valley PM beat Welling Utd 5-4 this evening so will be the visitors to the KNK stadium for  the next round

28/11/2013 10:38 am  #5

If you look at our average attendance it is about mid-table as far as our league is concerned. It may not be great but  hardly any team in our league has a huge regular support.

28/11/2013 1:26 pm  #6

Incidentally, Cray Valley's win came courtesy of a Paul Vines hat trick on his debut!  He has joined Laurent Hamici in what looks like a pretty decent forward pairing!

29/11/2013 12:46 pm  #7

When I checked a while ago he had not been scoring (or evening playing) with any regularity for Margate.
So not surprised he has moved on again.   Everybody wants a goalscorer!

29/11/2013 5:07 pm  #8

Forgive my ignorance, is Cray Valley the same as Cray Wanderers?? I have never heard of Cray Valley.

Board footera