“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/1/2014 1:59 pm  #1

Match Off

Match Ref has called it off

01/1/2014 3:50 pm  #2

Re: Match Off

A fat lot of use to supporters who had to travel. I just got back home soaked.

01/1/2014 4:14 pm  #3

You should've come in to the bar, had a beer and dried off !  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

01/1/2014 4:15 pm  #4

I wouldn't hold yer breath for Saturday either, knowing the Burgess Hill pitch. 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

01/1/2014 5:51 pm  #5

DeePee wrote:

You should've come in to the bar, had a beer and dried off !  

What, and still end up with a program and a golden goal ticket

01/1/2014 8:52 pm  #6

Seeing as the Charsh v Dulwits game was called of at 11:30 why wait to so near the kick off time before calling it off.
I know we have a great pitch and the ground staff have done a fantastic job with the pitch but why leave it so late when it must have been obivious that it was going to get posponed.
Not everyone has cars and I was looking at a long wet walk with the little man to get to and from the game today due to the lack of bank Holiday public transport opitions.
Sounds as if some Walton fans got to the ground thinking everything was ok as well....

Should have called it off earlier...............

02/1/2014 10:23 am  #7

It was very disappointing that the match was postponed with all the hard work Rick, our groundsman, had put in to get the game on.
At 11.30am yesterday a Referee looked at the pitch and deemed it playable at the time. There was only a small area of standing water which we could have dealt with and knowing how good our drainage is, we were confident it would drain away. By the time the Match Referee had arrived and looked at the pitch at 1.30 there were quite a lot of puddles. It was then we established something had been blocking the drainage pipes. We were given until 1.45 to sort this out and Rick worked hard to try and rectify this.  Sure enough it got better and started draining away. Sadly, time beat us and the Referee said he needed to make a decision before paying spectators were allowed in calling the match off.
Sorry to those that had set off only to find the match postponed.

Board footera