“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/3/2014 5:56 pm  #1

T&M 1 Hastings United 0

A plucky performance and a narrow win against a physical Hastings side. Ryan Palmer came on as a second half sub and scored in 74 minutes after a mazy run by Max Moble. Some good saves from Paul Smith in goal throughout the match. We must stop giving the ball away so easily - including from throw-ins, free kicks and corners.

01/3/2014 9:34 pm  #2

Re: T&M 1 Hastings United 0

great result today we played well every player was on top form, well deserve the 3 points wish we play as well away as we play at home  well done Craig and Adam

01/3/2014 10:07 pm  #3

I think you must have been watching a different "Terrors" from me, I felt this was one of our poorest games this season, albeit still better than most during the previous two seasons. Hastings were not the same team we played earlier this season where they controlled most of the game, andf we only seemed to come alive when Jordan came on as sub. The three points were just about right but neither team created many chances, with I felt "Smudger" and our back four, keeping us in the game during the first half. The second half was a great improvement but I feel Noble is at his most dangerous when staying out wide and using his pace and trickery, the only way you can stop him is to foul him, once in the box they dare not touch him . I hope that Steve Adkins appreciates what a good manager we have in Craig and ensures that he, his staff, and most of the players are still with us at the start of next season, as I feel that with a moderate increase in the budget we could really have a promising season with perhaops a playoff place at the end of it, well I can dream can`t I.

Last edited by alanj (01/3/2014 10:10 pm)

02/3/2014 8:11 am  #4

It was not the most exciting game that I have seen us play and Hastings certainly did not look like title conteders.  we came more alive in the second half with Max and Nathan linking up well on the left.  Ryan coming on also livened things up and he looked sharp.  Where we really had the upper hand though was in the centre midfield where Franny and Bash got stuck into and broke up most of the Hasting possession.  Bash, as usual seemed to be everywhere.  A great run and cross by Max gave Ryan his goal.

02/3/2014 8:18 am  #5

Hastings were a shadow of the team I saw play on their ground. They did have chances, great work by Paul to deny them, but overall we just about deserved the win and very welcome. I cannot believe we only have 3 more home games.

It would be good if we could keep most of this team together and more importantly to keep Craig and Adam. Maybe the agm will answer this.

02/3/2014 11:02 am  #6

Only saw an hour of the game as I got there late. Hastings were on top towards the end of the first half and I was well placed to see what seemed a nailed on penalty for them turned down. The refs actual explanation was " Both players were tugging at each other and the Hastings player just dropped his knees and went down".
The second half I felt was more even without too many chances for either team. A well worked goal for us after more good wing play by Max and then we were defending our lead as I didn't think we had another goal in us.
We nearly threw it away though. Why the hell did we have the centre back taking a corner towards the end of the game, taking it short, messing it up, with Hastings going down the other end and almost equaulising, schoolboy stuff, sort it out Craig !
All in all a great result for us without playing particulaly well. We need a goalscorer, but so does everyone, and they are the most expensive comodity and we haven't got the money.

04/3/2014 4:59 pm  #7

I am now convinced that I'm the jinx of Tooting and Mitcham fc. Sadly I was unable to attend on saturday, but if I had have done the score would most probably be very much different. This has been on going for a few season now.

Take this season against Hythe Town 4-1, Corinathian Casuals 5-1, Walton Casuals 4-3, Whitstable Town 6-0(Hold on I attended that match) and now Hastins Utd 1-0.

Last Season's best match was Worthing 5-2, oh dear missed that game.

The year to forget saw wins against Lowerstoft Town 2-1 and Billericay 4-2, no missed them to

But when I do get to go to a game, I see the likes of Eastbourne Town(bottom in the league) 3-4, Burgess Hill Town 0-2, Ramsgate 3-4, Herne Bay 0-0(Well at least we didn't lose, and Peacehaven and Telscombe 3-5(But I did see Tootings goal of the season)

Maybe I should just stay away permanently for the good of the team

06/3/2014 1:13 pm  #8

If we knew who you were we could keep you out the ground and maintain this good run Routemaster.
But you are (another) anonymous - although I have my suspicions. 

Saturday seemed to be a day of welcoming back quite a few lost souls we have not seen in a while. The bar was really buzzing after the game. And what a game they saw!

06/3/2014 4:37 pm  #9

Blimey, that's a bit harsh (Probably fair though)

Not sure what the second line meant - can reveal my name, but I don't think anyone would have heard of me!

Board footera