“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/4/2014 9:52 am  #1

Player of the year vote

I'm still undecided.  For me, its been very much a group effort this season, and I'm struggling to find someone who has stood out.  And no clear cut winner from my straw poll on Saturday either.  Mentions for Williams as back up keeper sort of sums it up!  Hartburn also got a shout for consistency, although I wouldn't say he's been outstanding, has he?

Any other proposals?

07/4/2014 12:13 pm  #2

Re: Player of the year vote

You could also make a case for Smithy in goal who has done much good and not much wrong - apart from his return from injury near post flap at Herne Bay that started the rot.

Agree it is very even and not much chance of me influencing anybody so......Bash is my choice, just, over Colin.

He has been there week after week doing the hard work, making dozens of tackles, getting box to box, efficient without any fuss of bookings and aften, as on Saturday, forced to cope without his midfield enforcer mucker during the spells while he was suspended or injured.
Without him........

07/4/2014 12:32 pm  #3

Re: Player of the year vote

Like you "Bondy" I went for Bash, one good thing this year was at least their was a choice from possibly four or five, but Bash just edged it as my player of the year, due to his" never giving up", and always turning up, not like two others on Saturday! very disappointing.

Board footera