“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/4/2014 7:52 am  #1

The relegation issue

With Eastbourne down and Crawley sure to follow, there becomes a 5 horse battle to avoid the 3rd drop spot. From a selfish away-day point of view, I enjoyed the trips to Redhill and Whitstable, and I quite like going to Three Bridges.  So that leaves Casuals and Walton & H.  And if I had to choose one of them to go down so that I didn't have to go there again it would be Walton.

14/4/2014 8:59 am  #2

Re: The relegation issue

Whitstable is nice when you get there but getting there is the problem if you don't drive. On Saturday Gypsy Joe took the tram to West Croydon then a train to London Bridge, train to Strood where he had to get a replacement bus service to Gillingham and another train to Whitstable and then a hike to the ground !! Shame some of the first team squad didn't show the same level of dedication eh ?

As for Walton & H  I used to enjoy going there because it's fairly local but now they've boarded up the covered terrace it is completely devoid of what little atmosphere it used to have. Coupled with the fact the Burger Bar and bogs are 200 years away from pitchside I wouldn't be sorry to see them go.

14/4/2014 1:48 pm  #3

Re: The relegation issue

On a "normal" i.e. "non engineering works on the railway day" it's a doddle to get to Whitstable, it's even only a few hundred yards from the station.
Sadly some bugger from Railtrack or whatever they're called this week decided the mighty Terros had to suffer this weekend ! Did he not know the Bog End Massive were bound to be on the move down to Kent ? 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera