“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/4/2014 11:40 am  #1

Moonwalk

Dear fellow Terrors

In 2012 Mrs Bondy and 4 others from our korfball club completed a 20 mile ‘Round the Borough’ Walk in aid of the Royal Marsden Hospital in Surrey.
The generosity of our friends & family enabled us to smash the modest target we had set.

We enjoyed the pain of that so much (!) that we have now entered The Moonwalk, a 26 mile marathon distance walk in aid of breast cancer charities.
It starts on Clapham Common in the evening of Saturday 10th May and snakes backwards and forwards around London through the night.

As the walk is in aid of breast cancer most of the 15,000 participents are female, all of them walking in spendidly decorated bras.
And no exception is made for men!  (This gives ‘tired and emotional’ homegoing clubbers quite a shock I’m told).
So I shall be kitting myself out in something suitably gorgeous very shortly. Although 26 miles might be too much for my leopard skin thong. 

The web site link below will show you that the others in the group have already obtained fantastic pledges totalling nearly £500. But the ever patient Mrs Bondy & I are only now starting our own fund raising – and training.  Opps.

If you feel you can contribute in a small way that would be really great. 
https://moonwalklondon2014.everydayhero.com/uk/nomads-korfball-club

Many Thanks
Bondy  

26/4/2014 8:49 pm  #2

Re: Moonwalk

104 of the zebra clad faithful have read my posting.
And loads of you have spoken to me about dragging my huge carcass 26 miles through the night - clad only in a decorated bra!
But, as far as I am aware, none of you have actually sponsored me/us.
Until Michael Lambeth very kindly gave me £20 in the bar tonight.

Come on chaps.  Drive me on.  What about just £2?.   I will post a photo!

27/4/2014 9:07 am  #3

Donated today as promised.
Best of luck

28/4/2014 10:46 am  #4

I'll send you a fiver NOT to post a photo ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera