“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/6/2014 2:14 am  #1

Chezzer's Grandad (Alan)

Hi all,

As many of you will know, Chezzer's grandad Alan had been unwell for a while - after having a problem with his stomach (and being unable to attend Tooting games for a bit) he suffered pneumonia, and sadly passed away on the 9th May.

Alan's funeral is on Friday 20th of June at the South London Crematorium, which is at Streatham Vale.  There will be a wake at Imperial Fields afterwards.  I have spoken to Chezzer this evening, and he agreed I could post this on the forum, and also passes on that all who knew Alan would be welcome at the funeral.  I know many Tooting fans knew Alan, and he was a keen and dedicated supporter for a long time.  I for one will miss Alan and his loyal support, he was a true gent.   

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

05/6/2014 1:09 pm  #2

Re: Chezzer's Grandad (Alan)

I never knew Alan except for the odd conversation in passing, as you say he seemed a very nice guy. My condolences to Chezzer and family, and I am sure that goes for all of us at Tooting.

Board footera