“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/7/2014 4:32 pm  #1

Saturday v Kingstonian

The match will be played in the main stadium Kick Off 3pm
Admission prices have been reduced to £5 Adult/£3 Concessions.
A Real Ale will be on handpump in the bar open from 12pm.
Our world famous Statler & Waldorf Tea Bar at the top of the stand will be open for the usual refreshments.  

22/7/2014 9:07 pm  #2

Re: Saturday v Kingstonian

Not only will Statler & Waldorf be offering the usual refreshments, all being well they will also be offering Pukka Pies!

23/7/2014 4:46 pm  #3

Pukka !!  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

23/7/2014 5:22 pm  #4

HAS ANYBODY BOTHERED TO ASK BILL & I IF WE WANT TO OPEN THE TEA BAR FOR A FRIENDLY MATCH. AFTER ALL WE ONLY GET TO SEE A WHOLE GAME WHEN THE TEAM IS PLAYING AWAY.

23/7/2014 5:31 pm  #5

Mmmmmmmmmm - The native's are revolting !

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

23/7/2014 8:56 pm  #6

Tim, basically what you are saying is because there is a game on the main pitch you & you alone think that Bill & I should open up the tea bar without a word from anybody else. I dont particularly like what you have written regarding "I could say considerably say more". What do youmean by that remark? With regards to getting free admission & with what goes with it, I might say that I do a bit more than your colleague Roy who gets the same for less. 

23/7/2014 11:28 pm  #7

Geoff and other readers of my earlier postings - apologies. It's been a long, hot and arduous day having been up since 5.30 this morning to travel to Liverpool and back for a 5 hour meeting! Much of what I said previously was simply a knee jerk reaction, airing my frustrations and inappropriate to post on this forum and I have therefore, with the benefit of hindsight removed those postings.

What I will say though Geoff is that I am responsible for the operational side of things on a match day from the Members Club perspective and that includes the teabar, so in essence yes, it was my decision that we would open it on Saturday albeit I think most other people, perhaps with the exception of yourself, had assumed that that would be the case anyway (certainly Billy had) given we've always opened it for friendlies in the past. And as I had said previously, if you don't want to run the teabar this Saturday then please let me know asap so that I can make alternative arrangements. As to your other points and anything else I said, then l'm more than happy to discuss on Saturday - again in hindsight, probably far more appropriate and effective than debating on a forum

24/7/2014 5:27 am  #8

Tim, Yes I will be there on saturday & so will Bill. It would be a good idea to have a chat to clear the air so to speak, as there is a couple of things that I would like to say too.

26/7/2014 5:03 pm  #9

Won 2-1 after having gone a goal down in the first minute. Goals from Craig Watkins and Billy Marshall. A very encouraging and entertaining performance against a strong Kingstonian side. Roll on the start of the new season.

26/7/2014 6:35 pm  #10

And to think I missed it due to family commitments

Board footera