“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/9/2014 9:20 am  #1

"Wilfred Hyde-White"

I see our old friend Wilfred Hyde-White (aka Carl Wilson-Dennis, aka The Beach Boys) scored the winner for Corinthian Casuals yesterday in a game that was held up for c30 mins when the ref collapsed after having an allergic reaction to being stung. I believe  that win has also moved Casuals up to second place in the league. Interestingly, according to the Casuals website, their opponents Redhill had wanted the game called off when the incident occurred (at the time the  score was 2-2 with 17 mins remaining) however the league rules state that in such cases a game must still be completed even if it is only with two officials. Fortunately though one of the Redhill officials was qualified and  ran the line for the remaining 17 mins whilst the senior linesman took up the whistle

07/9/2014 6:09 pm  #2

Re: "Wilfred Hyde-White"

Give CWD a ring Gary and see if you can get him back.

Then we can lump balls forward to him straight from Smudger. And obviously all corners and free kicks can come flying in as well.
In fact if we are going to play that sort of footsie probably don't need Craig and Adam.
I mean, how complicated does it really to be?

Then with the spare budget.............oh, steady Gary, don't get too excited, ooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Opps, too late.

Last edited by Bondy (08/9/2014 12:25 pm)

07/9/2014 7:32 pm  #3

Sorry Gary.
Blame my fat fingers struggling to cope on Mrs. B's ipaddy thingy.

Coffee is the Devil's liquid. But a nice glass of wine sounds just the ticket.

07/9/2014 8:40 pm  #4

You get off CWD's back now chaps - remember he was my MoM when he banged in a hat-trick in one of few wins in the "dodgy Essex boys" season ! A shining light etc., ........... 

............ but then again I thought that Rob Howarth was the final solution to the Terror's bid for league supremacy too ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

08/9/2014 8:42 am  #5

I thought he got a bit of a bad deal from from of our support.
He used put a shift on when playing. Maybe not the greastest of players but as far as I could see he always tried his best.

Good luck to him....

08/9/2014 9:50 am  #6

Lee Hall is also in the Casuals ranks.

11th Commandment.....'' Thou shalt not launch it into the danger area, even with 15 seconds left on the clock''.

08/9/2014 1:13 pm  #7

I must have been missing something  when I was looking at CWD, I thought he was not the hardest of workers, and did not bring much to the team.

08/9/2014 1:57 pm  #8

Watching him from the Bog end and behind the goal he was very vocal and tried his best to get those around him to pass the ball and not try and beat everyone by themselves... Remember those days of two seasons ago...

As I said not the most skillfull of players player but he tried his best... And at least he looked gutted when we lost.. a few others back then didn't seem to care either way.

He'll be judged because he played in a pretty bad team which I feel in his case not really fair.

08/9/2014 3:49 pm  #9

Certainly agree about your comment regarding some of the players along side of him, they were dark days indeed, but looking towards the future, we just need a more consistant goalscorer, then we would really feel confident.
Saturdays game being a game in question, likewise Walton & Hersham and Folkestone, they should all have provided three points each, but it is still work in progress and hopefully it will improve.
That aside, I have not enjoyed my football so much as I am this season, for some time.

08/9/2014 6:42 pm  #10

He was a waste of space and the oxygen tent that he needed after the match cost the club a small fortune.  However, saying that: he was never offside because he was totally unable to keep up with play!

09/9/2014 10:46 am  #11

I thought Lee Hall was our best player for 2 seasons but then I am biased (he's my mate). Good to hear that someone of Jamie Byatt's calibre shares my high opinion of him though so my judgement isn't entirely clouded by my rose tinted spectacles.

09/9/2014 3:13 pm  #12

He would have stuck around even longer, he loved it here. He is a Tooting lad and proud to play for his local team but I believe the management team made it clear to him he'd dropped down the pecking order. We've got Casuals away in a couple of weeks......should be interesting !!!

Jamie Byatt's got nothing to prove to anyone here but Lee might feel he has to the management and CWD might feel he has to a sizeable section of the supporters.

09/9/2014 4:17 pm  #13

Makes a nice change to see them up near the top of the table. Lee Hall was a favorite of mine as well.

09/9/2014 11:44 pm  #14

Ramsgate lost 2 - 0 at home last night to.......Sittingbourne!!!
Early days eh

Premier Leagues looks very competitive this season.
Several teams seem to have spent lots of money and even the Dullwits can't keep up with the pace at the moment.

10/9/2014 7:29 am  #15

I've always had a soft spot for Corinthian Casuals, it goes back to the days when they shared Sandy Lane with us. Me and a couple of pals went and watched them a few times, I was still at High School so we must be talking what? late 90's perhaps......F*ck Off Harry.

10/9/2014 7:37 am  #16

Bog End Ultra wrote:

I've always had a soft spot for Corinthian Casuals, it goes back to the days when they shared Sandy Lane with us. Me and a couple of pals went and watched them a few times, I was still at High School so we must be talking what? late 90's perhaps......F*ck Off Harry.

1890's ?

10/9/2014 10:42 am  #17

Absolutely nothing wrong with sharing special monents like that Gary.

I suppose I must have been taken down to Sandy Lane first in the late 60's/early 70's.
And then took myself down a few times in the late 70's - mainly midweek games I suspect as I would have been playing rugby or footie on a Saturday.
Sadly, unlike you, I can't remember anything of those days!

Board footera