“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/9/2014 7:47 pm  #1

Hastings Utd v TMUFC

2-0 up at half time. Sol Pinnock 7 mins and Dan Summers 43 mins

22/9/2014 8:00 pm  #2

Re: Hastings Utd v TMUFC

3-0 now. Summers again  on 47 mins

22/9/2014 8:06 pm  #3

It has to be a Dan Summers hattrick tonight!

22/9/2014 8:27 pm  #4

Thanks for that Tim, isn`t it always the way, the teams enjoying , at the moment, a good night and I am stuck looking at a vidi printer.
See Billy Marshall has taken over from Dan Summers, so no hat trick

Here`s hoping this bode`s well for Saturday!

22/9/2014 8:49 pm  #5

FT Won 3-0

23/9/2014 12:02 am  #6

Just looked on hastings forum and they are not happy, also according to the thread hastings manager might of walked from the job

I was lost but now im found

23/9/2014 12:45 am  #7

Full report to follow (01.15 and I have just got home!) but a very competent performance from the Terrors.
Craig making full use of his squad and keeping everybody fresh and on their toes.

In truth once we scored the 2nd goal that was so badly needed on Saturday that was it.
They were largely reduced to pumping aimless balls forward well dealt with by Cheadle and our MOM David Graves.

It took less than 5 minutes for one of their players to be arguing with his own supporters.
And that was even before we scored.  Suggests all is not peace and light at Pilot Field.

Someways oddly, the sponsor awarded their MOM to the player I thought was their least ambitious.
Time after time his manager waved him forward to a more adventurous position from the other side of the pitch to support the No 9 who was at least having a real go at Jells.  But he simply ignored him and stayed firmly back.
Perhaps a family member of the sponsor?

No goal for substitute Billy Marshall but he did get another 2 point conversion.

23/9/2014 8:04 am  #8

When they hand out the awards for best game of the season, this one may not figure due to the small number of fans that were able to get to the game last night.  But I can tell you that it was the best all round performance of the season so far.  I'm not saying that we dominated for 90 mins, but we certainly controlled the game throughout.  We seemed half a yard quicker than them all over the park, and when it came to using a bit of muscle, we stood up to be counted.

Unlike recent games, we scored at crucial times when we were on top.  And although our trademark short passing game was working well, we also mixed it up with a few long balls into the channels.  Similarly the defence were happy to pass the ball along the back 4, but when the long ball was called for they weren't afraid to launch it.

I don't want to get too excited about the game, but all the players did their jobs well, and we really did look like a cohesive unit.  And I thought we dealt particularly well with Hastings' physical presence.  I know they are not exactly setting the league alight, but they have some strong, experienced players and we restricted them to two on-target efforts, and they were both in stoppage time.

All in all a great confidence booster for Saturday's cup game.

23/9/2014 12:24 pm  #9

Great Result... Watching the little man jumping around the front room when the final score came though by TXT and Twitter.. Made for a good evening.

Cheers Roger & Dave..

Now for the Cup !!!!!!!!!

23/9/2014 12:55 pm  #10

Thanks Endo for your input, you mentioned that we mixed it up a bit last night. Its what I have been saying all along. I am only sorry that I missed it all yesterday

23/9/2014 1:40 pm  #11

Just been reading the Hastings forum, some very unhappy bunnies. On a serious note I can certainly sympathise with them as we have been where they are, in the past, and it is not a very pleasant place.
Long may our present situation continue, and can not wait for Saturday to arrive

23/9/2014 3:07 pm  #12

Let us enjoy it while we can, as we all know, after every peak there is a trough!

23/9/2014 3:19 pm  #13

Twin peaks ??

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

23/9/2014 5:09 pm  #14

Any pair in particular?

Board footera