“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/3/2018 10:56 pm  #1

Worthing

Land of the puke inducing burgers.

Avoid them like the plague.

You've been warned, I speak from experience.

24/3/2018 4:03 pm  #2

Re: Worthing

The burgers have improved, unfortunately our performance hasn't. Half time 1-0 down,we had one shot at goal in the first half, the ball ended up in the English Channel.

Things can only improve in the second half, pleas God.

24/3/2018 4:51 pm  #3

All arround have won we are definitely down the plug hole

24/3/2018 5:07 pm  #4

3-0 another defeat. What has happened to us this season? Is it Paul leaving perhaps? I cannot see us staying up. Both Burgess Hill and Harlow winning, if they can do it then why can't we?

24/3/2018 5:12 pm  #5

Just another point. I wasn't there today but I do feel so sorry for all the fans that turn up at these away fixtures. Whether it be Leatherhead, Lowestoft or Worthing, both near and far and what agony at the end of it and it goes on and on. Dorking had a nice win today, how come they can survive very easily in adapting to this league and we can't? 

24/3/2018 5:31 pm  #6

I agree with you Gregb Paul leaving Wes the turning point he seemed to know the right time to change players

24/3/2018 5:46 pm  #7

We're going to need snookers soon. That was shocking, one shot in the first half, one shot in the second, neither on target. They announced 852 spectators not including their goalie.

24/3/2018 7:15 pm  #8

Feel so deflated. Thank God we can't go next week. I can't see us getting another point I'm afraid.
When are next year's season ticket prices out?

24/3/2018 8:06 pm  #9

I have to say that was the worst I have ever seen from a T&M team. So upsetting.

24/3/2018 8:21 pm  #10

It was clear at day one against Brightlingsea that the team was not going to compete at this level but nothing has been done about it. The worst team goes down and at the moment it's going to be us. Can't see where any more points are going to come from.

24/3/2018 8:34 pm  #11

We were truly bl**dy pi$$ poor. The boys huffed and puffed but there is clearly something missing or not clicking with the team ........... and we had most of Grange Hill's kindergarten 11 on the bench !.
I left before the end (never ever done that before) to get an earlier train because it was so painful to watch, and typical of my day nearly missed that too !! Poxy Worthing level crossing gates !

Sadly I think that my wallet may not be clicking open to attend Needham Market after that showing today. 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

24/3/2018 9:53 pm  #12

It was certainly a VERY poor performance, the worst this season.
The defence was caught out time and time again on both the wings, from a long ball upfield, when the first goal was  scored in this way, why was the problem not addressed, instead Worthing must have thought it was Christmas come early, as time and again they caught us out.
Felt sorry for Reis, he was hauled off, but for what reason I could not fathom, service to him was non existent.
Substitutes on the bench looked as if they were straight out of nursery, only experienced player amongst them was Bassett.
It is no good saying "we have a lot of injuries" with that being the case then the problem should be addressed, if there is a real wish to stay up?
While the score itself was bad enough, the tackle by there number six could have broken Isiah`s leg, he just sythed Isiah`s leg from underneath him, because all ten stone wringing wet of our Isiah had nudged his thirteen stone frame off the ball to earn a corner, I feel he could not stand the shame of losing the ball to a much smaller opponent and felt the need to assert his manliness by the foul.                                    Very much doubt if he will be ready  for Tuesday evening, and what did the spineless individual called a referee do? absolutely nothing it was least a yellow card but he did not even speak to the culprit.
Needless to say the "Bog Enders" pointed out to the player concerned the error of his way`s and all he could do was say "I never touched him" then the referee was asked why nothing was being done and he just walked away, the gutless cretin.
I still can not understand the need for the foul, Worthing were so much in command of the game and had we played for a further 45 minutes, the keeper still would not have been called upon to make a save.
One positive from today, the kit man will have no need to wash the keepers kit as it was as spotless at the end as when the game began.
Not wishing to be a pessimist but with the six remaining fixtures, staying  up is looking a distinct improbability, especially after todays results at the bottom.

Last edited by alanj (24/3/2018 9:54 pm)

24/3/2018 10:39 pm  #13

I think its about time someone has to say something regarding the fans. We spend a lot of money following the team around to various places & what do we get, a crap performance I left 5 minutes before the end of the game & up to then we never had a shot on target. Does the team not realize that performances like that will lose them more fans than that they have already lost. the defence need sorting out, too many goals are leaked either very early in the game or just before half time. There is no talking on the field within the team. Come on Tooting prove us wrong. the remaining games are now cup finals.

24/3/2018 10:57 pm  #14

In my 25 years of supporting Tooting, this is the most deflated I have ever felt. That was just too bad to be true. Can't tell you how upset I was leaving the ground today. Complete and utter💩💩💩💩!!!!

24/3/2018 11:36 pm  #15

I too left the ground a little before the end.
And I don’t think I managed more than a half hearted shout all afternoon.
Given I have always preached that supporters have a duty to actively ‘support’ then perhaps I need to share some responsibility.  But it certainly was poor fare and very disheartening.

As alluded to on the Facebook page and confirmed by Tim today, Mike Dixon returned to training this week but then did his groin more damage and now looks out for the season.
Both Ollie Bennett and Tope also injured themselves in training and Omar has a chest infection, hence the youngsters on the bench.   Very unfortunate timing to lose that many senior players.

Looking for any positives, we should be encouraged by the return of Josh from Slough.  He looked a strong, forceful and committed player in his first spell with us and clearly the right back position is a major problem.
We were constantly undone by dinked balls over the top that landed short of the penalty box.

Yes Greg, our fellow division climbers Dorking have done well to recover to a mid table position. But I would again direct you to Bognor who were massive champions last season and have sat at the foot of Ntl Lge Sth all season.
The transition is not an easy one.
And look what is happening with Tampons Bill n’ Dicky!  Even shed loads of cash is not a guaranteed solution.

I still don’t think we need many points to survive. But those two shock results today clearly indicate we will need a few.  Where from?  Wait and see.  The adventure continues.
Keep the faith chaps.

25/3/2018 8:14 am  #16

Fair play to the 4 players who came over to us in the Worthing Clubhouse who apologised and had a chat and thanked us for the support.The others just walked by without a care in the world including management. Reis came off because he had a nasty graze from the pitch when he clattered. Jordan Wilson was helping out today surely if he's still reasonably fit he could do us a job while we have injured players. If it comes down to money why he can't come back then surely the chairman could put his hand in his pocket given the extra money he's getting from the Dulwich games with the bar etc. I know he don't charge them to play. Wishful thinking probably tho.....

25/3/2018 10:24 am  #17

The hand should have gone into his pocket before a ball was kicked this season.  It has been men against boys all season.

25/3/2018 11:49 am  #18

evthedog wrote:

The hand should have gone into his pocket before a ball was kicked this season.  It has been men against boys all season.

Don't disagree with you there at all

25/3/2018 4:00 pm  #19

I think its a joke was at the game yesterday and for a team to not even have one shot on target is embarrassing. I totally agree that this dulwich money should be made available to strengthen the team its money he never had after all if they had not been kicked out. If funds are not available and we do finish bottom then forget about teams folding we should go down as we would have been worse team over the course of season. Lets be honest one team goes down so what hope if theres no funds do we stand next season with three going if we get a reprieve. Very hard to take at the minute but will carry on trying to do my bit on the Terrance.

Last edited by TPF (25/3/2018 4:01 pm)

25/3/2018 4:13 pm  #20

The real "boys" that have come into the team this season have acquitted themselves well in my opinion.
A great set up at Worthing FC but the pitch is a killer. Many of our players were too hesitant and didn't trust themselves to play on it.
Although it would not have made any difference to the outcome.

25/3/2018 4:49 pm  #21

Ah, funding again.
We are back to ‘Steve should put more money in’.
In fact, Steve should have put much more money in before the season started.

Who believes the entrance money from just 100-200 spectators at home games, quite a few of them (like me) on OAP rates, plus the income directly attributable to the 20-30 fans who remain in the bar afterwards is sufficient to fund the football budget.   Really?

How many fans attended the pre season friendlies?  A handful. Yet officials and staff had to be paid.
And the outlay on the football side had already started then, surely at higher pay rates than in Ryman South.
So that is a sizeable negative balance even before the season had started.
Who funded that?   

Perhaps it came from the profits of last season. After all, that was very successful with the club gaining promotion.
Anybody believe the footie side generated a profit last season?

Why don’t us fans simply find somebody else prepared to throw their money in to the bottomless pit. 
How about Tampon?   Will you contact him Wolfie?

25/3/2018 6:42 pm  #22

I don't know the finances of the club and maybe we should be told about them so we don't make assumptions then? I'm not part of the members club and never will be because don't I agree with it (must be a bad person for that!) As they saying goes you should speculate to accumulate! Playing well gets more people through the gates bigger budgets and better players could make us more successful? One of the players yesterday said he's only spoke to Steve once in 2 years? Maybe if the chairman engaged with some of the supporters and told us about the struggles we have etc more of us could get a good idea of the problems that the club has and we could rectify it and volunteer?

25/3/2018 6:59 pm  #23

So what are we gonna do about getting more fans then? At the moment we're losing fans the way we're playing?  I and others have put forward ideas before and we've been shot down by various parties from the club because it would cost too much money?

Last edited by Wolfie Smith (25/3/2018 7:58 pm)

25/3/2018 6:59 pm  #24

To concede so early was killer. Then heads dropped and that was that. We arent' a side with any confidence or bullishness to go behind then draw or win. So when we went behind, the outcome was pretty much already decided, 4 minutes in to the game. You could see the heads drop at conceding so early. Bad to be so open that early on. 

-42 goals is pretty bad going. The worst in the league in fact. 

It isnt' over yet, but we need to get a grip of ourselves. Bottom of the form table i suspect, though i haven't got the strength to actually check and confirm. 

All that said, we are still in the mix and not dead and buried yet, despite the doom and gloom (which is totally justified). 

I'll keep believing until its mathematically possible/impossible. But we need to sharpen up fast at the back. 

I still think Reis is a good player, better than our form/position deserves, but we have to get bodies around him if we play to his feet. He's strong, wins headers and can link play, but we haven't got bodies around him which makes it a bit of a waste. 

The real worry was the bench. Not a single game winner on there. Bassett is way out of form and the others were all (very talented) kids. 

25/3/2018 8:27 pm  #25

I must agree with some of the views posted on here regarding funding.
My views regarding Mr. Adkins are well known, we should consider ourselves lucky he funds it at all.
After all it is a business, and we are just one small entity that runs at a loss not a profit.
You can not spend what you have not got.
So we, as supporters should feel fortunate we have a Saturday to look forward too.
I wonder how many clubs at our level would like our facilities and fan base, as small as it is.
If we as supporters wish the club to be more successful then perhaps we should look at some of our close neighbours, they were once in a similar position to ourselves.
So what did they do, got together and made the effort to make things better.
It can be done if we all sing of the same song sheet and are prepared to make the effort.
See you Tuesday night, or not, whatever the case might be.
Not only is it a chance for silverware, but the club might even break even.
Not!

Board footera