“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/3/2018 8:35 pm  #26

Re: Worthing

But will powers at be listen this time? What happened to the night Lee was gonna play after one of the games to make some extra money in the bar. Lee was prepared to do it for free? Yesterday Worthing had a Paul Weller tribute act on straight after the game. Many stayed afterwards to have a drink and when we left gone 6.15 still loads of people still in the bar! Ideas get put forward but get dismissed! How about having local kids from local schools  in to do a penalty shoot out at half time? Let them in for free might get a few repeat visitors? ideas that get dismissed as the club see these as potential earning opportunities lost

25/3/2018 8:40 pm  #27

You are not the first person, making this statement Wolfie, unfortunately unless changes of certain personnel are forthcoming things will never change and supporters will feel they are wasting their breath.
Hopefully with the new members who are now involved, changes might follow.

25/3/2018 9:36 pm  #28

A lot was done during the season by a hand full of us. We had more sponsership and contact with various groups and companies than we've had for a number of years.... A lot of hard work and time was spent trying to raise extra money and the profile of the club.

But.... The truth is with the team doing so badly it's come to nothing. Results during the early part of the season were enough to put people off...Floating football fans are going to Sutton or Dulwich and avoiding us.... Can you blame them.

This season has been heart breaking for so many reasons.

25/3/2018 10:49 pm  #29

COACH TO NEEDHAM MARKET: YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU. The supporters club are going halves on the players coach to Needham Market next Saturday leaving Imperial Fields at 09.45. If we are to go down, lets go down fighting(I dont mean FIGHTING fighting) I mean getting behind the team. More information after you have got over the weekend results (these words are from Mr. Irons). See Tim Marcus or Dave Irons. Hurry before all seats are booked. The fare at present is £21 but Mr. Irons will try to make it lower.

25/3/2018 10:55 pm  #30

can bog enders go into the Worthing post & where it says new posts look into that & you will see details regarding the trip to Needham Market

26/3/2018 9:33 am  #31

So money from the function room leasing out shack the boxing room tooting bec on back pitch match revenue from Dulwich home games 800 + fans must have a few pints or two plus gym knk sponser and lacrose who may i say drink by the jug and a few of us loyal fans that go surely players can be made available  look at sutton and maidstone and dover all playing us a while back moved through league all im asking for is a few players and to have a squad to fight in this league and fans will come back. Way things are going we will be bottom confidence is at a low on and off the pitch a few players could lift the mood. If we got a reprieve would anything change may as well go down if we are bottom cause this team is not at standard of this level

Last edited by TPF (26/3/2018 9:35 am)

26/3/2018 10:19 am  #32

I feel very sorry for the likes of people such as yourself Harry, you put a lot of effort in trying to make the club stronger by various means, but as you say with the results being as poor as they are those efforts have been completely wasted..I feel that like a lot of clubs at our level with such a small fanbase, also the fact we are not able to sustain ourselves financially the eventual result could mean oblivion. It gives me no pleasure in saying that but unless we can ever become self funding, it seems the natural progression over time.

26/3/2018 10:54 am  #33

See the Lowlights of the Worthing game here,
https://youtu.be/if53BsjEGgo

26/3/2018 11:07 am  #34

Looking at the fixtures for Saturday, I wasn't expecting much against a resurgent Worthing and with Lowerstoft losing all there good players, a Burgess Hill win was very much on the cards. I believe Burgess Hill play Merstham on Wednesday (COME ON MERSTHAM) and then, like as have some touch games coming up. So come on everyone, let's keep believing. Let's keep praying and hope there is someone up there or even the good lord himself who wants to play subbuteo with the Tooting team and it being in our favour.

26/3/2018 11:47 am  #35

Well its been an extremely disappointing and worrying season, but at the same time I am glad that we have stuck by the manager.  I think he's earned a crack at the division, and now I obviously hope he sees it through.

And if we stay up, you could point to Frank's first season with us which went poorly, but then he turned it around in great style.  So hopefully he can do the same next season.

If we go down, then we would need a manager with a proven track record in that division - and again that is Frank.

I've always been against the kneejerk sacking mentality that we typically see in the professional game.  So I just hope that Frank can show that Tooting have made the right decision by sticking with him.

28/3/2018 2:24 pm  #36

I agree with Wolfies in this league we are playing men and we are boys. Upon our promotion money should of been made available to purchase some experience players for this league who could of taught and shown our guys what it is to play football at this level.

28/3/2018 2:25 pm  #37

I agree with Wolfies in this league we are playing men and we are boys. Upon our promotion money should of been made available to purchase some experience players for this league who could of taught and shown our guys what it is to play football at this level.

Board footera