“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/10/2014 1:31 pm  #1

Storford Manager a bit upset !!

Quote from the Non-league news website.

"Stringer Blasts Financial Loss Due To FA Cup Exit Rod Stringer, manager of Conference South club Bishop's Stortford, has revealed how the club's finances will be hit hard by their woeful FA Cup exit at Ryman League Division One South side Tooting & Mitcham United. Stringer also claimed that the fans should not be too vocal in their disappointment about Tuesday night's 3-1 replay defeat, because so few travelled to cheer the team on.He said: "The financial reasons hurt me the most about going out of the FA Cup. When I accepted the lower playing budget set by the club I was told we'd get any cup money. The £4,500 prize money for this round would have meant a couple of hundred extra pounds a week."

Last edited by DaveM (03/10/2014 1:33 pm)

03/10/2014 2:33 pm  #2

Re: Storford Manager a bit upset !!

I do feel so sorry for him.
Not!

03/10/2014 2:40 pm  #3

Golden rule when setting playing budgets: Do NOT assume that you will get any cup prize money!

03/10/2014 2:47 pm  #4

Oh dear, that's pisted on his daisies!

03/10/2014 3:02 pm  #5

Stringer said :--  “It’s the same at home. We don’t get big crowds and we rely on away fans to boost the numbers.”

Glad we were able to help !   Gawd knows how many you would've got without us then ?

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

03/10/2014 3:32 pm  #6

Their is nothing like a sore loser, or is he trying to hide his own inability to get the required result?

03/10/2014 4:51 pm  #7

59er, their is nothing wrong in enjoying the high`s, we all know the lows will always follow.

03/10/2014 9:13 pm  #8

I agre with you buddy, i could get to like this!

In fact i am, thanks go to Craig and the team for what has so far been the most enjoyable seasons football seen at Imperiel Fields for a while.

Board footera