“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/4/2018 9:38 am  #26

Re: Terrors 1 Levred 4

....by releasing some players when he did, such as Dunn and Cunningham, as they just weren't being effective.....

Just to pull you up on that  point 'endo' - Cunningham wasn't "released" - he left of his own free will to move back to Scotland and is now with Stenhousemuir (IIRC)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

03/4/2018 10:58 am  #27

Danny, Ive sent you a PM

03/4/2018 11:58 am  #28

The still, quiet voice of calm and reason in a sea of vitriol as so often Endo.

Alan - you will recall the very good reason why Worthing looked to be the fall guys early in the season.  Their FIFA approved artificial pitch proved to be a flooding, lifting disaster and they were forced to play all home matches at another ground (Bognor?)

Mike - Chace did go straight down the tunnel but, having put on some additional dry clothing, quickly returned to the bench

Omar has only just returned having missed a number of games with a chest infection. Perhaps not surprising if he does not look match fit (DeePe has had a chest infection for over a year. That is why he is not playing up front)

Anybody remember Mike Dixon scoring just a few goals last season?  Missing injured for much of this campaign.

Sam Fleck brought in some time ago. Sadly away on business again I’m advised.

Josh ? came on loan from Staines and impressed when he played a few months ago.  Had returned to us but called back again by Staines. Grrr
Would most not agree that the new right back called in when Tope got injured is giving his all and looks good?

Have you looked at the Burgess Hill fixtures?
Thur 5th     H v Wingate (9th)
Sat 7th.       H v Dullwits (1st)
Tues 10th    H v Enfield.  (10th)
Thur 12th.   H v Leath’d. (8th)
Sat 14th.      A v Leiston (14th)
Sat 21st.      H v Staines. (6th)
Sat 28th.      A v Harrow (16th)

No wonder they needed to sign some more players!!!
Looks to me like the league have insisted they fit in the postponed matches early in case they get any more cancellations on their cabbage patch.

Now I don’t want to rely on anybody else and still believe that, looking at the above, just 3 or 4 points more for us will do it. And whilst I share everybody’s despondency I still believe this squad (and this manager) can achieve that.

They will need our ‘support’.

03/4/2018 12:34 pm  #29

I most certainly agree regarding the Worthing pitch and having to play their home games I believe at Bognor initially, now I am not saying we should do this, but the results improved with the change of manager.
Sometimes it works sometimes it does not, Everton being a case in question.                                                No! I feel we have to see it through and if we do stay up then during the close season review the situation and find the best way to take the team forward, because if we do not, then we might not get a second chance next season.
Where i struggle to agree with you Bondy is I find it hard to see where three or four points can come from.
But until it is mathematically impossible, there is always hope.

03/4/2018 2:10 pm  #30

bondy and endo,its good that there is still a couple of you with your rose tinted glasses still intact most of us smashed ours ages ago,and bondy would you like to tell us where these 3 or 4 points might come against.

03/4/2018 3:07 pm  #31

Well done Mr. Bondy as ever the voice of reason. I agree 3 or 4 points should be enough. Tonbridge have nothing to play for, Harrow (we've never won away at Harrow) is a possible point. Harlow is winnable and Met Police were poor when we played them so who knows.
Not sure I agree with Franks latest Twitface message blaming the ref for the loss yesterday!!

03/4/2018 3:17 pm  #32

Ye Gods "Tooting Dave" you are indeed the original harbinger of doom !
Without doubt you are the grim reaper of all football fans and you're making Victor Meldrew sound like the best comedy stand-up known to man and beast.
Perhaps your favourite comedy film is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ??   of have you just been listening to the Smiths too much 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

03/4/2018 3:24 pm  #33

Anyone noticed the barraging Drage and Wedgeworth were giving our goalie nearly the entire second half? Started off with one misplaced goal kick. They were on him constantly, especially Drage who was using very foul language towards Matt. That is quite bold for a player who can't defend, is technically inept and can only smash the ball up the field. Same with Wedgeworth, he's inability/refusal to use his right foot cost us the second goal. Tried to clear the ball twice with his left when in fact it would have been a lot easier to hit it with the right. Did this on 2 consecutive corners, the second one resulting in a Leatherhead goal. Regarding the manager, he spent nearly 70 minutes chatting to his coaches and yet failed to make any tactical changes until it was too late. Him running down the tunnel after Chace was a total embarrassment. Quincy Rowe had to give instructions to Omar at one point as it seemed our forward wasn't too interested in his manager's views. If you look carefully at our players reactions when Frank gives them any instructions, they don't seem to be very bothered with it. Yesterday they looked like a bunch of players meeting only on matchdays. On a plus side, the young kids brought in are doing well I think, which might be useful in the future.

03/4/2018 3:25 pm  #34

DeePee wrote:

or have you just been listening to the Smiths too much 

Listening to MikeM too much more like !

03/4/2018 10:49 pm  #35

I would gladly massage the testicles of Frank and the whole squad if anyone really thought it would make a difference.
Although perhaps a firm squeeze just before the start, again at the start of the 2nd half and most certainly with just 5 mins to go might focus minds better.

Some of the best performances from our team this season have come against supposedly better opposition. Perhaps it is easier to raise their game and concentrate fully.
The Magnificent 6 who attended the first Bill n Dicky game saw individual performances that have not been repeated since.
As 59er suggests, once the players walk over the whitewash......

So I don't need to be specific where my magical 3/4 points will come from Dan.  If the players step up and show some pride, application and desire all is possible in the remaining games.
(Just a few weeks ago we were shocked when most of the other bottom clubs won.  Why not us?)

04/4/2018 7:38 am  #36

59er, you seem to forget that over the years there have been many attempts to try and take a real stake in growing the club, often involving considerable time and effort. Mr Adkins has repeatedly lead people up the garden path before performing a reverse ferret. This has cost us a number of devoted, now disillusioned, fans.
I fully accept that the economic climate has been a big player through most of his tenure, but we are simply not allowed to develop our role in the club.

04/4/2018 8:39 am  #37

Bondy you are not being specific about where our points might come from because deep down you just cannot see it happening. Didn't expect from someone I hold in great esteem your comment about Burgess Hills ground. They like most teams are up against it when it comes to finances and they are making the most of what they have got. 
​The team seem deflated and the jury's out as to whether Frank is a half decent manager. Last year we were heaping raise on him but this season he seems not to have a clue. What has changed in a year?

04/4/2018 9:54 am  #38

Perhaps it is part of his learning curve.
Let us not forget, he has never managed at this level before so I am sure there are things he has learned that will stand him in good stead in the future.
Whether it is with us or another team, only time will tell.

04/4/2018 1:56 pm  #39

mordendom wrote:

Anyone noticed the barraging Drage and Wedgeworth were giving our goalie nearly the entire second half? Started off with one misplaced goal kick. They were on him constantly, especially Drage who was using very foul language towards Matt. That is quite bold for a player who can't defend, is technically inept and can only smash the ball up the field. .

I hope that last minute penalty give away by Dangerous Drage against Needham Market doesn't come back to haunt us anymore than other results..... That one point we could have brought back to South London could make a huge difference and given the team a sense of belief in themselves with the last few games to go... But alas....

04/4/2018 2:53 pm  #40

Just look at Dorking now. They were promoted on the same points total as us in second place and are now 16 points ahead of us with five games in hand. They've managed to adapt and are now in the position where I thought we might have ended up way back when the season began.

Thank heaven that we once again have had a brilliant goalkeeper. He has saved us from an even bigger goals against total despite having a back four who look like they have been recruited from Billy Smart's circus in front of him all season.

04/4/2018 8:22 pm  #41

He is my player of the season ev. how many times has he saved us from even bigger defeats.
An obvious choice.

05/4/2018 9:34 am  #42

Mr Terror (Paul)

I have sent you a PM

05/4/2018 11:45 am  #43

alanj wrote:

He is my player of the season ev. how many times has he saved us from even bigger defeats.
An obvious choice.

If there is one player who will be wanted by other top teams in this division it will be Matte.  A agree with you Alan; he has be outstanding this season.

05/4/2018 1:00 pm  #44

Being selfish Ev. I hope they look at the amount of goals conceded, put two and two together, and arrive at five.
Goodness knows how we would fare next season, presuming he stay`s,

05/4/2018 5:01 pm  #45

alanj wrote:

Being selfish Ev. I hope they look at the amount of goals conceded, put two and two together, and arrive at five.
Goodness knows how we would fare next season, presuming he stay`s,

Don't hold your breath Alan.

05/4/2018 7:58 pm  #46

Proof, as if it were needed, that I know nothing.
BH currently 2 goals up.

05/4/2018 8:14 pm  #47

3-1 Burgess Hill now

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

06/4/2018 9:35 am  #48

I sit back in amusement now reading the current postings. It's taken all season to realise the shambles this club has become this season, and basically the years leading up to this! Without major changes at every level the club will always fail. We'll would do well to  hold our own in the Combined Counties League!  What a complete waste of a legacy both on and off the pitch.

Still we can all enjoy the Dulwits next season. I don't think!

Board footera