“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/10/2014 8:59 am  #1

Merstham tomorrow

I know a lot of people don't care about these cups, probably including the manager, but I'd like to see us put out a strong team.  We've got a little unbeaten run going and we're still unbeaten at home this season.  We've achieved 3 clean sheets in 4 games, and actually, if you look at the figures, we are actually conceding less than a goal a game this season.  So I'd like to see us try to carry on the good run.

OK, if anyone is carrying a niggle, then give them the night off.  But I don't see why we can't have Sawyer & Nkoma starting up front.  And we could easily have a midfield of Simpson, Aiken-Simon, Marshall & Wright and a central defence of Hartburn & Knock.  And a young player like Jordan Clarke shouldn't have much problem playing 2 games a week.

Last edited by endofthelane (06/10/2014 9:00 am)

06/10/2014 9:46 am  #2

Re: Merstham tomorrow

Couldn't agree more Endo. If all goes according to plan, in a week's time we could be preparing to play Bristol Rovers in the F.A.Cup so the likes of 'Mad Dog', TJ, Liam Wright Wright Wright, Frankie, Elliot, Knocky should all be trying to impress the Boss.

I'm going tomorrow, the competition doesn't have the same status but the beer will taste the same, the burgers will taste the same, the sound of the ball rippling against the Merstham net will sound the same and the chance to talk about the weekend's Premier League scores with my Buddies is too good to resist.

06/10/2014 11:17 am  #3

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Couldn't agree more Endo. If all goes according to plan, in a week's time we could be preparing to play Bristol Rovers in the F.A.Cup so the likes of 'Mad Dog', TJ, Liam Wright Wright Wright, Frankie, Elliot, Knocky should all be trying to impress the Boss.

I'm going tomorrow, the competition doesn't have the same status but the beer will taste the same, the burgers will taste the same, the sound of the ball rippling against the Merstham net will sound the same and the chance to talk about the weekend's Premier League scores with my Buddies is too good to resist.

Seeing as Arsenal only let two goals in on Sunday things are definatly looking up for those rip roaring Gooner Gunners

06/10/2014 12:46 pm  #4

My sentiments exactly" Bog End" , unfortunately I will have to miss this one as I bought tickets for a show at the "Boom Boom Club" before the start of the season.

Bad planning

06/10/2014 12:47 pm  #5

Bog End, are you going Saturday, if so send me a message.

06/10/2014 4:26 pm  #6

I don't think we've got a reserve team this season, have we?

06/10/2014 8:37 pm  #7

I know what you mean Gary. That will teach me to check before booking.
Just wrapped myself in barbed wire and now going to roll myself down the drive.

06/10/2014 9:56 pm  #8

Sorry I can't make it either.  James Taylor at RAH.

Don't really like the expression fringe player Gary
Want all squad pressing for places.  And most are.
Hoping to read of things when I get home but have much respect for Haydon Bird

06/10/2014 11:08 pm  #9

I'm sure Craig will take the  opportunity to "rest" some  players  tomorrow night to ensure that they are  fresh for Saturday however if you look at the strength we have in depth now amongst the c20+ players we have registered to play for the first team, I think it's fair to say that whichever 11 start, it will still be a fairly strong side.

Board footera