“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/8/2018 6:03 pm  #1

marlow

my first game today and i thought it could have been a friendly instead of a league match,unexciting with only a 
couple half chances.tooting the better side but in truth both teams could have carried on another hour or so without anybody scoring.poor quality game from both teams and if this is what we are going to see this season i for one wont
be bothering with too many games.

18/8/2018 6:18 pm  #2

Re: marlow

I get the impression that regardless of how the game turned out today, you would have been ready to post this sort of message or find something to complain about.

This forum has become bitter and a source of constant negativity.

I totally get that the team are currently going through a tough period getting relegated and now in a poor league. But I don’t get what the same constant negative messages day in day out actually achieves?

Not surprised some have decided to stay away from the forum. I may have to follow suit.

18/8/2018 8:20 pm  #3

sorry about that you guys but i am only telling it as i see it if you want to see it as negative or being bitter 
then that is your perogative but we are all entitled to our opinions if you dont like my posts then dont bother to reply

18/8/2018 9:43 pm  #4

Sorry guys, but at the end of the day a forum is for posting one`s views, whether you agree, or disagree with the post that is your prerogative.
But as a paying supporter of many years, which is what Danny is, he is entitled to post his view as long as the posting does not get personal, I personally do not see anything wrong in it.
At the end of the day you can not disagree with anything he says, it was a poor game, played by two poor teams but hopefully it will get better.

19/8/2018 9:15 am  #5

Everyone has there view and mine is that there should be more experience in the spine of this squad which we have with dines. As young players you need a experienced head to guide you on the pitch otherwise you get over run at times which happened at times yesterday. I would also have started dom and matty in goal. The keeper looks very shaky everytime the  ball is in the air and does not judge it properly although hes distribution is good. The season is young but lets hope we find that natural blend of youth and experience and push on and with Clements coming in when back from holiday think we will be ok. Its just down to the manager to pick right team win games but all young players wont work in my eyes.

19/8/2018 9:32 am  #6

A forum is a place to express your opinions is it not! Good or bad? We need more experience in the team it's probably not gonna happen will the owner keep his promise if it's not going well after 10 games probably not or will he pull the plug as quoted last week because we have no match secretary?

19/8/2018 4:26 pm  #7

Great to see some sense and backing on here after Danny posted his comments yesterday. I thought we had been taken over by the North Korean secret Police! He’s a lifetime supporter of the club and entitled to his own views, and I know how frustrated he is with whole scenario at Imperial Fields, and I am not going to add to those which were expressed volubly after last week’s pathetic effort.  

Like Danny, I decided after the game at Northwood only to attend the occasional selected game. The Terrors have now gone 14 games without a league win since 10th Feb, and are finding it very difficult to hold their own in the basement of Non League Football. 

HH is doing a great job trying to recruit support for the team, and increase attendances and emulating the efforts shown by the Dulwits.  Fortunately, they were able to gradually increase the fan base on the back of an emerging and successful team.  The major decline in the Terrors performances, and the inferior level of our league will only hinder Harry’s efforts, which is a real shame. The Dulwits are now playing at a level and a brand of Football which our team can only dream of! 

Without a major shake-up, which we all know is impossible , the “Status Quo” will remain for a very long time.   

Last edited by Mikem (19/8/2018 4:27 pm)

19/8/2018 6:31 pm  #8

mr brassneck if you were watching in the seventies you should know that this was one of the most
outstanding periods of the clubs history,4th round of the fa cup,quarter final of the fa trophy,i would have said that was quite a good period for the club or were you too young to go to any of the eplc games of that period.
even in the eighties we reached the quarter final of the fa vase or had you forgotten that one too.

19/8/2018 8:00 pm  #9

i didnt call the quarter final in the vase a success but we did get beaten by by taunton town who had a great record in that particular competion.my point is that in that period we were a fairly formidable team that is something you cant say now.
you are positive,well good for you,im very pleased for you.

19/8/2018 9:32 pm  #10

daniel collins wrote:

you are positive,well good for you,im very pleased for you.

I don't believe that this sentence is anyway helpful or constructive. In fact, in my opinion it comes across as very condescending.

Perhaps you would kindly bare this in mind when posting in the future.

After all, we all support the same team, and as such it shouldn't be too hard to get along, even if we do have differences of opinion.

20/8/2018 6:03 am  #11

We can carry on posting comments on this forum till the end of time about any subject being good or bad but the last word as always is down to the main at the helm and he doesn’t seem to me as being in any way care where we go from here we have to look at your own personal feelings and consider staying with the club or going

20/8/2018 9:42 am  #12

Do you think life long fans will want to walk away from supporting their team? It seems divide and rule has worked extremely well at Imperial Fields in many ways and in many areas.

20/8/2018 12:48 pm  #13

darren p i was not being condescending to brassneck i was mereiy trying to say that if he was optimistic about the situation at imperial fields then good i was pleased he could see it that way as i for one could not have the same optimism,so i dont need you lecturing me and telling me how i should frame my posts.
anyway this thread has become a little pointless now all i wanted to do originally was post my opinion of 
saturdays match until the thought police and all the sensative souls decided to get involved.

20/8/2018 6:24 pm  #14

In the first game of the season, the side managed three away goals. A disastrous final 15 minutes walloped the lads on and off the pitch, it seems.

Vs Marlow, we kept a clean sheet, looked- to me at least- the side more likely to score and I actually thought the young ‘keeper grew into the game. Important to remember these are early days for the management and for a few of the lads who are coming into first team football for the first time. I understand that patience is rare in football but if, as has been suggested on here, the direction the club is going in is to bring young lads through into the first team, then patience is exactly what is required at this stage. The current managerial set up cannot take any of the responsibility for last season’s bad fortune, so perhaps they are deserving of a little bit of good grace from those in the ground.

Totally understand the frustration at the team’s bad form, and we *do* desperately need a win. But my feeling is that a win is probably more likely if as many as can be there, arethere and getting behind the lads. As a newcomer, I can’t comment on periods of success for the club, but realise it must be sad for those who saw those days to see the team struggle.  I do hope results start to improve.

21/8/2018 7:17 am  #15

I think the "young keeper", Liam Sallis, will turn out alright once he gets his feet under the table

​FWIW,  I have a feeling that your division is going to prove itself much stronger than the South East version Time will tell 

21/8/2018 12:37 pm  #16

Besty, the current manager was last season's assistant manager.

21/8/2018 9:03 pm  #17

Lampost wrote:

Besty, the current manager was last season's assistant manager.

Didn’t he step in about halfway through the season? Dale left in November or so was it? Even still, it seems unfair to put responsibility with him. He wasn’t, presumably, making key decisions while assisting Wilson. Think my point still stands- it’s clear he is trying to implement his own ideas by playing 3 at the back etc. I think they deserve a chance.

Board footera