“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/9/2018 10:25 am  #1

The Hayes game & the season so far.

Having given a lot of thought to the above subject,my views are as follows.I am totally in favour of trying to progress the club with the policy of using home grown talent-this may or may not work but I am hopeful and personally have confidence in Ashley & Cornelius-time will tell.There are several very talented players within the squad & we are capable of playing excellent attacking football.This however is where we currently have a major problem- we are a fast,quick passing side and require mobility up front.Isiah Jones is a fine player who achieves this but I would urge Ashley not to show misplaced loyalty to Billy Dunn who is obviously unfit. He does not hold up or win the ball in the air & we cannot afford to carry on with this line up- this is Billy as he is now not Billy the exceptional player of several years ago.I feel we have let a minimum of 3 points go so far this season by not scoring goals that our overall performance has deserved.
An obvious alternative up front seems ready made in Razzak Coleman who in 3 brief appearances has shown great ball control,pace & ability to hold up the ball & then lay off quality passes.Finally I would agree with other views in respect of Saturday's game,that Danny Bassett does not look happy as an attacking wing back- he is a good player but not a defender and most problems did come from the Hayes left wing.I always thought Tope was a very decent defender.I am also looking forward to seeing Eddie Dines recapture his fine form of last season.

05/9/2018 4:20 pm  #2

Re: The Hayes game & the season so far.

Mike, i have to disagree on most of your points. We have practically the same squad  as last season. We should have beaten Northwood & Marlow. The under 23s that have come in & i must it is refreshing, but I cant stand the showboating that they do. The blame is not the players but the management. Its one thing managing at under 23 level but its not the same at senior level. That is why we are going wrong, also letting experienced players go without giving them a game. It just shows their mentality.

Board footera