“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/9/2018 10:01 pm  #1

That was as bad as it gets !

I’m very upset . It’s a total let down for all our supporters after the Bedfont defeat 2-1 tonight . At times this season we’ve been unlucky. There’ve been times we’ve not got what we’ve deserved. But tonight was the complete opposite. That was probably as bad as iv seen a tooting side play . We lacked energy, we lacked enthusiasm, we lacked pace , power energy, quality on the ball , tenacity off the ball.
We made 3 substitutes it could have been 8 as second half we were outrun, outfight , outplayed. Bedfont were a far better team than us and I’m very very very disappointed.
There have got to be questions asked to Steve Adkins with regards to the constant money being invested into playing budget? We should be top half not bottom half .. I would be asking questions if I was running the club to our ambitions as club is dying a slow death   what are we going to do between now and Saturday v Aveley ? Probably have sleepless nights . We need a big kick up our backside from the top and out in a performance that’s going to do our club proud.

25/9/2018 10:12 pm  #2

Re: That was as bad as it gets !

For me personally, one of the few players who came out of tonights defeat with any credit, was Eddie Dines, never gave up and he must have covered most of the pitch.
Looking back on last season and comparing it to this, we seem to have gone even further backwards, I for one am glad we did not get the required point against Met Police required to stay up as this season would have been even more frustrating.
We just seem unable to improve on any advantage made, instead we seem to freeze and let the opposing team take over.
I really hope for an improvement at Aveley this coming Saturday, even if we loose I can accept it provided we start playing as a team.

26/9/2018 8:52 am  #3

I am forever the optimist when it comes to Tooting, even in the face of relegation at the end of last season (though bitterly disappointed).

However, even I left last night with an awful feeling about the club and it’s direction and future.

The things on the pitch were worrying enough. However with a wider lens it seems things off the pitch are deteriorating too.

The toilets inside the main stand facility behind the main bar were blocked and every urinal filled with piss. The toilets at the top of the main stand stunk so bad of sewage waste that the smell could be caught sitting in the main stand. And the crowd was small yesterday (no real surprise there).

I’m a real believer in organisation as a principle to run anything successfully. If you can’t organise your ground to look tidy and competent, i don’t really see how you can organise a team to be successful. I totally get the need for volunteers and dedication at this level, but again if as a club you can’t encourage volunteers to help out, your mission is failing and you aren’t all pulling in the same direction (or any direction). The lack of care around the ground which I noticed yesterday was extremely telling for me. In light of Dulwich sharing our ground I expected some financial or effort reward to our ground, whether from extra money or from extra helpers. Neither looks to be immediately obvious to me. I’m not saying this is Dulwich’s fault at all, but something about this deal doesn’t seem right for tooting. Either that or I just can’t see it - and I’m happy to be told otherwise.

I actually felt a little ashamed to be a tooting fan yesterday. Both on and off the pitch. Lucky that there were not really any opposition fans to witness our current demise

I’ll end with optimism, as I started out by saying I was one. Things can only get better (???).

26/9/2018 9:08 am  #4

To be fair the smell actually blows in from the Beddington Lane sewage works. But your are right on every other count, even the so called tea bar is a joke, the tea was cold (not even slightly warm) and the dustbin by the milk table was over flowing, as only about 30 people have used the tea bar the bin had clearly not been emptied for some time.
I have tried to come up with some positives from last night without much success - Dines did ok and the keeper played well and made a great save from the penalty. He was possibly at fault for the goals but he is young and I'm sure will learn from his mistakes. If the defence was half decent the keeper would not have been in a position to make those errors. Sol P-B is a liability and should leave now.

26/9/2018 12:04 pm  #5

Brassneck wrote:

I want this experiment with youth to succeed but we can’t afford to risk another relegation so decisions need to be made soon if things don’t improve.

Are we really trying to win the league with youth team players just for the sake of it, or does the manager actually think that these players are good enough?

Unfortunately I haven't see the team play this season, so I can't really comment on who's playing well etc, but none of the players brought in seem to have any Isthmian experience, and yet he dispensed with Pierson, Bennett and maybe Dunn.

Also, I notice that Morgan-Griffiths hasn't started the last 3 games - is he dropped or carrying a knock?

Very depressing following the games on the Vidiprinter.  Yesterday was the first time, other than the Margate game, where we scored first.  And we still blew it!

26/9/2018 1:12 pm  #6

have not posted for a while because didnt want to sound like i was dooming again but even the optimists amongst us now seem to be realising what a complete shambles our club has become.
well i will say it again ,the owner does not give a flying f... about the club even with the extra income he is receiving from dulwich.i said at the start of the season that you wouldant win anything with a rookie management and kids but that is mr atkins preffered option as others have said before this club is designed to fail because that is exactly how adkins wants it.when he has pissed off all the support and nobody comes anymore he can then put what ever option in that he prefers rather than t&mfc

26/9/2018 5:18 pm  #7

Seems like the toilets are not a priority as when a staff member was asked they said someone's coming next weekto look at it. Next week?

26/9/2018 5:53 pm  #8

I am afraid there looks like no future for tooting as a club or ground the club is falling to pieces round our ears if the health authorities were to visit they would shut it down we have a management who hasn’t got a clue no wonder the players don’t know what they are doing the subs that came on yesterday did nothing for the game I Have  had enough pathetic,toothless,left foot doesn’t know what the right one’s doing no one talks to each other they lift the ball up field the other team gladly pick it up  ‘amen’

27/9/2018 9:16 am  #9

Tooting and Mitcham United FC is not a club, it’s just a name registered with the FA, by Tooting and Mitcham Sports and Leisure.  We are only supporting team when attending Terror games, the Football club became obsolete in 2005 when the club was handed on a plate to the current owners. The net result is the steady decline and the current mess today. However, the club and Sandy Lane had started to disintegrate through the lack of any leadership before it was given away. So, when forum postings requesting volunteers to give their precious time to help the club, they are not! The onus is on Tooting Sports and Leisure. The Football team could disappear tomorrow, and easily be replaced.

The team are playing in a stadium which has the potential to host conference level football (which is now being fulfilled by another club), and a potential catchment area to increase crowds has been thoroughly wasted. As a posting on here this morning states, “The Football Team is designed to Fail.”  Not true the Team has failed already, lost in a hedonistic project! The Football Team has nothing to fall back on, and is left totally exposed, by a lack of money and a  ground, plus the admin and volunteer support which is required to  keep a team from folding. As they say “When it’s gone, it’s gone!” Unless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mikem (27/9/2018 9:25 am)

27/9/2018 12:26 pm  #10

The toilets at the ground have been bad for many months,its the same for Dulwich fans and they cannot be happy with it either. Any other pub, restaurant etc would not get away with not doing anything about it, but Adkins doesn,t seem bothered.
As for the team, I,ve only been a part timer so far this season, but what I have seen has been pretty poor. Its obvious the manager doesn,t know any players, or is unable to attract any decent players to the club.
Its like Richard Cadette all over again, but without the swearing.

27/9/2018 2:50 pm  #11

Richard Cadette? Exciting attacking football; a team that was not pushed off the ball by a puff of wind; a team that was powerful in the air; a team that finished in the top half of the table; a 50 goal a season striker in John Hastings. No. We don't want anyone like him.

27/9/2018 5:40 pm  #12

Richard Cadette. Won sod all, and never looked like we would. I remember many a dismal display with him in charge. Hysterical antics on the touchline, humiliated the players in public, foul and abusive language for the whole game. No thank you!

27/9/2018 8:56 pm  #13

The antics and language part reminds me of somebody who was on the terraces last Saturday Andy.

28/9/2018 9:54 am  #14

Hi , and good morning this is just a small message , I would just like to say I'm a new supporter of t&m and I have never seen or heard such a bunch of negative fans in my life , I'm actually still excited about this season even tho we have had a bad start , maby it's due to the new formation and actually jelling as a team . There is nothing worst than when your own fans against you imagin how the players feel when they got some football thicko shouting things especially there own fans .. and on to the players , we have such a young side exciting young side with a good bunch of seniors lads so we all have to get behind them , and I don't agree with saying Sol P B out , he did look rusty Tuesday but he has just come back from a injury been out for a month , also to add to him we have quincy Rowe , Peter wedgeworth Dan Clements , the signing of Darrel Coleman . These are all leauge winners and we are lucky to have . Come on lads let's keep the faith and get behind the boys #uptuptheterrors

28/9/2018 10:20 am  #15

It is not so much as the players it’s wants behind them that hasn’t got a clue I for one never shout abuse at them might criticise the way that they have played which any player should take on the chin with the right people we could be a top side

28/9/2018 10:51 am  #16

I don't think players should get abuse from our own fans.  Perhaps if its obvious that they aren't trying - but that doesn't happen very often.  But there's no point in dishing it out if a player isn't good enough.  If he's not good enough, then its not his fault!

28/9/2018 12:33 pm  #17

Keep the Faith, you can,t have been a football fan for long, fans of all clubs have been moaning and groaning about their teams for a hundred and fifty years, and we are no different to fans all over the country.
By and large there is no on field abuse of players at this club, a whinge in the bar or on here is as bad as it gets. Most of the frustration is that T&M  was, and still could be, a big club in non league, but the owner, for whatever reason, seems to be running it into the ground.

28/9/2018 2:09 pm  #18

Mikem refers to - “Tooting and Mitcham United FC is not a club, it’s just a name registered with the FA by Tooting and Mitcham Sports and Leisure.  We are only supporting a team when attending Terror games, the Football club became obsolete in 2005 when the club was handed on a plate to the current owners”

Well what ever happened to “The Vision of the hub”?

What the members of “the club” were told in 2005 was:-

The Vision for The Club and The Hub 

We see this will enshrine the following principles:

1. Total transparency between Club and Hub

2. A one cost centre with a unified administration operated on a strictly not for profit basis.

3. The active participation of the Club and all its members in the running of the Club and the Hub to the greater good of both.

4. A substantial growth in the Membership of the Club brought about by the appeal of the Club as a committed partner to users of the Hub.

5. The provision of key local resources the Concept behind which is already attracting interest from other clubs as pioneer and model.

6. The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters.

I will repeat that for the hard of hearing

The Vision for The Club and The Hub 

We see this will enshrine the following principles:

1. Total transparency between Club and Hub

2. A one cost centre with a unified administration operated on a strictly not for profit basis.

3. The active participation of the Club and all its members in the running of the Club and the Hub to the greater good of both.

4. A substantial growth in the Membership of the Club brought about by the appeal of the Club as a committed partner to users of the Hub.

5. The provision of key local resources the Concept behind which is already attracting interest from other clubs as pioneer and model.

6. The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters.

28/9/2018 2:58 pm  #19

Fine ideals, but what went wrong?

28/9/2018 4:31 pm  #20

what went wrong al was when adkins asked for and received most of the shares that were at that time held by the members club therefore as mikem says the club was then handed to him on a plate,we all know how the story has gone since then.

28/9/2018 4:32 pm  #21

I was astonished when I read " The Vision of the Hub!!!!! Indeed what went wrong!!!!! It would not take a "Plate of Jelly to work that one out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It also keeps referring to  the club and hub. There is no such thing as the club. So astatement was made where Sports and Leisure are confirming everything they want to  achieve to  themselves.  Who was responsible for drafting this pile of C--p. 

The "Plate of Jelly" could write a book on explaining what when wrong. When the club existed, it was "Sold Up the swanny without a paddle". The protection of the Football Club was Zero.  The sale was for an hedonistic project which did not include the Football Club. As a recent posing on here stated "Close the Football Team Down."  I agree entirely a statement , and one  I have made many times. This will avoid all the hassle and negative comments both on and off the pitch since the club was given away without any thought or protection. What a bloody pathetic mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

28/9/2018 4:58 pm  #22

summed up perfectly mikem unfortunatly keep the faith being a new supporter does not know whats been going on here for a long time.thats not his fault but perhaps in time he will maybe understand why some of us appear so negative.

Board footera