“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/9/2018 9:36 pm  #1

Aveley 3-1 Tooting Time for this experiment to end

It's surely time for this experiment to end. It's getting embarrassing! Opposition fans are saying what has happened to your once great club! They are correct what's  happening? Where's the tactics? Where's the passion? Only started to really play when Dom Came on. What a goal he scored! Well Mr Adkins the 10 games are Well and truly up and we have no sign of improvement. Stick to your word and do something about this situation!

Last edited by Wolfie Smith (29/9/2018 9:39 pm)

29/9/2018 10:15 pm  #2

Re: Aveley 3-1 Tooting Time for this experiment to end

Thankfully wasn’t there to witness this latest chapter of woe. Normally when cup games arrive, I always feel a sense of optimism beforehand. Unfortunately, today I felt zero optimism prior to kick off and it dropped below zero when the vidiprinter flashed up 1-0 to Aveley in the first minute.

I always try to remain positive, even in the most dire situations, but  I just don’t see where the next point, let alone win, is going to come from. Confidence just seems totally shot. Action really needs to be taken quickly. This just cannot go on.

30/9/2018 7:44 am  #3

I was as frustrated as anyone with yesterdays result, but changing manager, I am not sure if that is the answer, if he is prepared to address the obvious weakness we have up front then I think we could start moving up the table.
The addition of the new midfielder is a positive one I felt he added a bit of aggression to the middle, something which we are sadly lacking.
But up front, once again the Aveley keeper was barely troubled.
Some of our approach work is first class but once we get into the last third, it all goes to pieces
We can not keep hoping that Billy will come good, the pre- Greenwich Borough Billy is a thing of the past and the present Billy just is not adding anything to the front line when he comes on.
As for Elijah and Coleman they are still learning and I feel it is unfair to play them at this stage of their career`s.
I suppose the big problem now for the manager is, the problem with our forwards required addressing in the close season, who would want to join us after the disastrous start we have experienced.
If the issue is not addressed then I fear for the rest of the season.

30/9/2018 7:53 am  #4

I agree with you Alanj.

I also think we should go to a back four(Lexus plus 1 other in the centre) with Dines sitting in front.

Free up Isaiah Jones to get further forward from that "WingBack" role.

Last edited by FairweatherFan (30/9/2018 8:16 am)

30/9/2018 8:11 am  #5

We obviously need a striker but our defence is terrible. Why do we insist on playing 3 at back it's not working! We have no plan b when things go wrong. Everyone just blames each other! We need some intervention quickly otherwise it will be the old chestnut of "only 3 go down This year, worse teams in our league" etc etc

Last edited by Wolfie Smith (30/9/2018 8:27 am)

01/10/2018 5:38 am  #6

What do you mean al you expect the fans to pay to look after the club so Atkins fill his pockets while we suffer the Rubbish we have to watch?

01/10/2018 7:59 am  #7

I know there is a lot of talk about the youth experiment, but just 18 months ago we were in the middle of a 14 game winning streak with a team that included SPB, Rowe, Wedgeworth, Dines, Clements, Dunn and Wilson.  So its not like we are just playing a youth team every week.

01/10/2018 9:19 am  #8

Not defending Adkins but I would not like to pick up some of the costs of running a football team. The cost of keeping the pitch playable must be considerable and the electricity bill enormous. Gate receipts are negligible also.

01/10/2018 10:34 am  #9

doug25 wrote:

Not defending Adkins but I would not like to pick up some of the costs of running a football team. The cost of keeping the pitch playable must be considerable and the electricity bill enormous. Gate receipts are negligible also.

doug25

The facility at Imperial Fields has many revenue streams, one tiny one of which is gate receipts from Tooting & Mitcham United FC home matches.

The “merger of interests” that took place in 2005 was supposed to be exactly what it said on the tin – A MERGER OF INTERESTS.

What it said on the tin was -

The Vision for The Club and The Hub 

We see this will enshrine the following principles:

1. Total transparency between Club and Hub

2. A one cost centre with a unified administration operated on a strictly not for profit basis.

3. The active participation of the Club and all its members in the running of the Club and the Hub to the greater good of both.

4. A substantial growth in the Membership of the Club brought about by the appeal of the Club as a committed partner to users of the Hub.

5. The provision of key local resources the Concept behind which is already attracting interest from other clubs as pioneer and model.

6. The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters.

01/10/2018 10:40 am  #10

Doug, 99.9% of clubs from level 1 to Level 7 in non-league football have the same issue and survive, even if the attendance is one man and his dog. They are called Football Clubs. The Owner of this Football Team decided on his hedonistic project and expansion into a sports centre without any interest or respect for a once wonderful Football Club. At one stage he even appointed a bar lady as the Football Team Chair Person!  He jumped on the back of the Football Team’s name to get the funding for his own project. The transfer of the Football Team to TMSL was completed without any consideration or protection for the team by the shambles of those running the club in 2005.  The team could actually disappear overnight without a whimper, and there is nothing to fall back on, but TMSL will continue with their project despite having to maintain the grounds and electricity Bill. SOS…… Save our Soccer

01/10/2018 12:47 pm  #11

Why do some people expect it is their divine right to watch a football match, as and when it pleases them, but feel it is correct to let somebody else take the financial hit.
Tell me what other business, and this is a business, runs at a loss week in and week out and somebody picks up the losses as a gesture of goodwill.
We, as supporters, have to accept the situation we find ourselves in and just get on with it.
If it does not suit, their is another option.

01/10/2018 12:57 pm  #12

alanj wrote:

Why do some people expect it is their divine right to watch a football match, as and when it pleases them, but feel it is correct to let somebody else take the financial hit.
Tell me what other business, and this is a business, runs at a loss week in and week out and somebody picks up the losses as a gesture of goodwill.
We, as supporters, have to accept the situation we find ourselves in and just get on with it.
If it does not suit, their is another option.

Alan - You're talking to deaf ears (or writing to blind eyes in this case).

01/10/2018 1:22 pm  #13

Yo are definitely talking to deaf ears, and that works both ways

01/10/2018 1:27 pm  #14

Picks up  a gesture of good will. Read the  vision of the hub, or are you blind!. Options if you think I am going to walk away from a team I have supported virtually all my life, then think again, I am not someone who has just appeared over the last few years. 

01/10/2018 5:12 pm  #15

endofthelane wrote:

I know there is a lot of talk about the youth experiment, but just 18 months ago we were in the middle of a 14 game winning streak with a team that included SPB, Rowe, Wedgeworth, Dines, Clements, Dunn and Wilson.  So its not like we are just playing a youth team every week.

Those players are another 18 months older. Don't think I've seen a game with all them players on the pitch at the same time this season!

Last edited by Wolfie Smith (01/10/2018 5:15 pm)

01/10/2018 8:44 pm  #16

Neither will you, some have had injuries, some are not match fit, and others are out of favour.
So what can you expect!

01/10/2018 8:57 pm  #17

I can not believe that when a person is looking for either a Saturday`s entertainment or midweek, they would make the effort of leaving their homes, incurring travelling costs, turn up at the ground to hand over their hard earned cash to an organisation they dislike, then sit and watch for 90 minutes, entertainment that drives them to distraction. They not only do it once, but week in and week out, year in year out. 
Surely nobody does that , do they?  

01/10/2018 9:27 pm  #18

alanj wrote:

Neither will you, some have had injuries, some are not match fit, and others are out of favour.
So what can you expect!

No comparisons with the title winning season then. We had minimal injuries that season except for Bassett's injury

01/10/2018 9:37 pm  #19

You sometimes wonder with some players, whether they are faking an injury when the going get`s tough.
Not quite the same playing in some discomfort when you are winning.
Or am I just being cynical!

01/10/2018 10:15 pm  #20

alanj wrote:

You sometimes wonder with some players, whether they are faking an injury when the going get`s tough.
Not quite the same playing in some discomfort when you are winning.
Or am I just being cynical!

Not cynical at all Al

Board footera