“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/10/2014 12:49 pm  #1

Bog End Army Rankings

Good Afternoon Gentlemen on this soggy Monday,

Congratulations must go to Mr Gary Walker on becoming the first 'Bog End Elite' in the rankings after surpassing 300 posts on the forum, making him the highest ranking officer in the Bog End Army.

I am sure we will all raise a glass to the offical first BOG END ELITE - Mr Gary Walker

HUZZAH!!!

06/10/2014 4:25 pm  #2

Re: Bog End Army Rankings

300 posts - all saying bring back Paul Vines.

06/10/2014 8:39 pm  #3

Not wrong!
What some people will do for 10 per cent.

06/10/2014 9:50 pm  #4

Yes Gary, but that posting was over an hour ago.
So you must have started a new campaign by now.  Surely.

Comedian and Leyton Orient supporter Bob Mills on BBC Radio 4's Fighting Talk a couple of weeks ago:

People just don't understand Lower league supporters.
We love the desolation
We love the heartache
We love losing
What hurts you is the hope.

How true.   But..........come Saturday..........

06/10/2014 11:16 pm  #5

And a few more supporters perhaps? Very disappointing that on Saturday, notwithstanding that the opposition came all the way from the arse end of Kent (apologies to any residents of that area but a mate of mine who hailed from that area once told me that Whitstable was the end of the world, but Herne Bay was  where you actually fell off the edge), that the game produced our smallest home crowd of the season so far - and that following such a magnificent performance only a few days earlier

07/10/2014 11:23 am  #6

I share your surprise Gary and Tim.
I really thought we would get a great crowd on Saturday against a side in the top 7 at the time.
But looking up at the stand it was obvious how low it was.

Mind you, all the garden centres are already chock a block full of XXXX stuff so..........  (can't bring myself to type the word for at least 6 weeks) 

07/10/2014 11:35 am  #7

I agree it was shocking. Why though? Even Whytleafe got more. I was really hoping for 200+ after Tuesday's game. 

07/10/2014 2:19 pm  #8

I was convinced we would get a better crowd, especially after what happened tuesday.
After the glowing report I gave dad on the stortford game, he was most eager to go to Saturdays game.
There was a few reasons that can possiably explain this though.
1. The weather wasn't the best (although interestingly we played in the rain, than when it brighter up)
2.The local guardian round my way, came saturday afternoon so the people of Mitcham, Mordern and Tooting would have read our super win too late to think, let's go to Tooting and Mitcham today.
3. There's to many tooting fans with dominating wifes
4. There was only 84 christmas shopping days left

Last edited by Routemaster (07/10/2014 4:15 pm)

07/10/2014 3:55 pm  #9

I am in Turkey!

07/10/2014 4:46 pm  #10

How does the Turkey feel about that!

07/10/2014 11:16 pm  #11

There's no rhyme nor reason. Tonight, for a fixture in a competition that would normally struggle to get an attendance figure beyond two figures, accepting that the crowd was boosted slightly tonight by a few of the academy lads who came along to see Alex, Saidhu and Leon get a run out, we had a crowd of 161 - higher than Saturday!

08/10/2014 3:38 pm  #12

I've just noticed that Alanj is only 3 posts short of joining the Bog End Elite, so come Saturday at East Thurrock we should have 2 Elite members of the Bog End Army.

When I grow up I want to be in the Bog End Elite.

08/10/2014 5:03 pm  #13

You will son, you will.

09/10/2014 1:34 pm  #14

No matter anyones views on Dulwich, you can't fault the way they have attracted local supporters from all walks of life.

The Rainbow Banner is seen at both Arsenal and Tottenham.....

They get good crowds there right across the age groups... If it works for them It will work for us.

10/10/2014 8:03 am  #15

Well sone alanj, up with Gary in the rankings...!

10/10/2014 1:00 pm  #16

Gary and Alan.........'' We Salute You ''

Board footera