“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/11/2018 9:31 pm  #1

Waltham Abbey 0 Tooting & Mitcham United 2

Another away day win in which Planned engineering works, Train Strikes and The Dartford tunnel problems prevented many Terrors from attending.
The team turned up and didn't disappoint.
Well done again to the team and AB/ CN & JW.
Hopefully we can replicate our recent away performances at home.

03/11/2018 10:06 pm  #2

Re: Waltham Abbey 0 Tooting & Mitcham United 2

Who would have thought that four matches ago we would be saying, played four won four! not me that`s for sure, two wins possibly, but four! no.
What I am more happy about is the way the wins have been achieved.
Egham, in the first half we were as poor as any game I have seen, the second saw a marked improvement to win 4-3.
FC Romania another four goals scored and one conceived, and now we are on our way.
I did not think it could get any better after last weeks 1-0 win at Hanwell which was by no means a fluke.
But today once again we showed we are capable of playing the teams at the top without embarrassing ourselves. From the start to the finish there was only one team playing football, yes you guessed it, Tooting. If you did not know which was the higher of the two teams in the league then you could only come to one conclusion, it had to be the "Terrors". Some of our football at times left the "Abbey" chasing shadows it really was that good.
Although all the team were heroes, including the three used subs, but Danny Basset stood out, playing up front has given him a new lease of life and he has to take the lions share for the change in the teams fortunes, he must now be a defenders nightmare.
Let us hope that now after the last four games the team believe in themselves and carry on the fine work, which assuming they do, can only result in our moving up the table, and who knows, dare we hope for a play off spot?

04/11/2018 9:51 pm  #3

Also how about Ashley as manager of the month?

05/11/2018 10:06 am  #4

That is a good shout Alanj if such a thing exists at this level.

Ashley & Cornelius deserve praise for turning things around and also the Signing of "The Terror Twins" Darryl Coleman & Antonio Simeone has added steel to the team.

05/11/2018 11:42 am  #5

That was extremely pleasing and encouraging. We are going in the right direction. And I see no reason why we shouldn't now be looking above us towards the top of the table. 

For the first time this season I genuinely saw a handful of leaders on the pitch vocally. Sol (although I still think he's too erratic in his actions to be considered a great example), Simeone, Eddie Dines and Daryl Coleman. 

There is no doubt that our younger players have ability, but having a few of the more experienced lads breaking it down for them is so helpful. 

Credit to our keeper as well, made a handful of excellent saves in the first half at 0-0. 

05/11/2018 1:48 pm  #6

Is this not what some of us have been saying since the season started, along with the youth you must have some experienced players, hence the change in our fortunes.

05/11/2018 2:50 pm  #7

So perhaps the manager has earned a bit of credit.  The team has changed dramatically since the 1st game of the season.  There must be 8 or 9 players who have either left the club or who are not currently figuring in the 1st team.  And he seems to have reacted quite quickly to make these changes.

He has also made a couple of big calls already by letting established players go like Pierson, Dunn and Rowe.  And judging by the last few results, they look to have been good calls.

Like a lot of people, I was getting increasingly critical of the manager, but he has answered in the best way possible by getting results.

05/11/2018 7:07 pm  #8

This was probably our most complete all round performance of this season.As I said after the 50/50 farce at Egham-we have more than enough quality in our squad to outperform the vast majority of the teams in this league and this is starting to look like the true position.Ashley's tactics at the back have been revised and we are not getting caught out by the simple long ball over the top.I am really pleased to see that Isiah is playing each game and what skill,pace & bravery he shows-he knows he is going to be kicked alarmingly but this does not phase him.It is nice to see Odoh,Tope & Hady Ghandour consistently featuring in the squad-although I do hope that the rumour I have heard that Razzaq Coleman has left the club is not true as ,if so,we have lost a very talented player who performed excellently but did not receive fair selection treatment in return.The signing of the midfielder Ashley Coleman is a good one and Simeone,who has always been a good reader of the game,although he may lack a bit of pace,adds so much at the back with his superb heading ability-wins everything.Finally,looking forward to Lexus coming back in which with his extra strength should give us one of the most powerful defences in the league.

05/11/2018 11:55 pm  #9

But whose place could Lexus takeMike?
I am a fan, but to unsettle the team now could have a negative effect.

06/11/2018 1:00 pm  #10

Ashley Coleman ??  Who he ?? (Daryl ???? in disguise )

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

06/11/2018 4:08 pm  #11

Alan,in my line up Lexus would take the place of Sol and with no disrespect to Sol would be a definite upgrade.Also Dee Pee,just to put your mind at rest,I keep many of my players incognito-I was of course referring to our new midfielder Clarence Coleman.

06/11/2018 6:03 pm  #12

Mmmmm - must be bl**dy new 'cos I've not heard of him yet ???

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

06/11/2018 10:06 pm  #13

Just signed!

Board footera