“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/12/2018 3:06 pm  #1

David Gabriel

Sad news

David Gabriel has passed away

Condolences to his family

18/12/2018 3:36 pm  #2

Re: David Gabriel

I did a quick google of the opening game at Imperial Fields against Chelsea which doubled as a testimonial for him.  He was 39 then (in 2002) so a tragically early demise.

A fan's favourite, he sealed his place in Tooting's history by scoring a late winner against Thame to save us from the drop in 1996.

19/12/2018 2:38 am  #3

Very sad news. One of the players who was there when I first started following the Terrors.

He gave me one of my most fondest early Tooting memories with THAT goal against Thame United which kept us up on the last day of the season.

RIP David Gabriel

19/12/2018 5:36 pm  #4

From Dave Irons (one day he'll work out how to use this forum) :-

Gutted to hear the sad news that David Gabriel had passed away, a top bloke, liked by all the fans and often staying behind after the game at Sandy Lane to have a drink and chat to the supporters.

Scored one of the most vital goals in Tooting's history to keep us up in the mid 90's. Always had a smile on his face and was at a mini re-union with a few other old faces a few months ago at Imperial Fields. Top Man, Top Player.
R. I. P. Gabsy.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

24/1/2019 7:31 pm  #5

Toots fans have been invited to attend David's funeral next Wednesday. Details at:  http://www.tmu-fc.co.uk

Board footera