“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/1/2019 6:50 am  #1

Fixture board dilemma!!!

We are fast approaching our biggest game of the season v Hayes & Yeading this season and what’s eating at me is not the fact we are not top but our fixture board !!!!

Walking driving past the ground it is a reflection of our club with main notice board blown away with the weather conditions and no sign or indication of what we offer apart from Merton Hockey club really ? Do they still play there ?

But the sad thing is knowing that we are advertising a fixture over 1 month ago v Uxbridge!!! I have mentioned this to Tony Cox sub chairman and Phil Nightingale and still nothing done ? How can we take pride of our club when others point the thing at the members club? Is it their job to put fixture on board ? Don’t imagine Chris Woolley getting his hands dirty and then who is responsible?

I’m driving past shortly and the decaying board tells its story little care or investment in Tmufc! Sad but true and by the way we are playing leaders Saturday 12th January  2019 !!!!

10/1/2019 3:23 pm  #2

Re: Fixture board dilemma!!!

Must agree 59er. total apathy at our club but some people are very quick to offer advice, especially negative.

10/1/2019 6:17 pm  #3

Evening all and for your info, the fixture board hasn't been forgotten.......

Tony Cox is in the process of renovating the lettering that is used on the board. Most of it is in a pretty shabby state but we hope to get this operating again as soon as possible.

Regards

phil

10/1/2019 8:51 pm  #4

Let me just say that I spoke to Andy not too long about the very subject. I did say to him that i will do it, but I lost my brother last week & I could not do it.

11/1/2019 11:21 am  #5

59er - whilst i agree with your wider point and your sentiment, in the case of the fixture board I just think it's wholly indicative of the lack of direction the club has. 

Advertising fixtures = potential more revenue = potential better players or budget = potential improvement in club. Which basically means having the fixture board updated about games is an absolute necessity for each and every game, and should be deemed as one of the MUST DO/MOST FUNDAMENTAL/MOST CRITICAL activities. 

I think the frustration is that we don't get those basics right as a club. Which is indicative of our relative state. 

But hey ho, we're having a good season and let's show H&Y what we're made of tomorrow. P.S. Ex-terror Tom Jelley currently plays for them

11/1/2019 11:03 pm  #6

Thank the Lord that my voice and prayers have been answered .
The fixture board is alive and advertising the game versus Hayes & Yeading finally . Not a criticism of anyone but a frustration that in my humble opinion is a minimum in this current climate .
To whoever added the fixture we salute you and now let's hope that it will be advertised with a week prior to match day excitement .
Roll on the day when we have a commercial department and a real football chairmen .

12/1/2019 10:38 am  #7

I have been banging that drum for years now 59er. People seem to conveniently forget that the costs associated with giving us an afternoons/evenings football are not covered by ourselves, but through the chairman seeing fit to keep on dipping into the overall funds generated by the site as a whole. I do wonder as to how long he will keep doing this, especially having seen how the supporters of our ex tenants showed their support for their club.  

Board footera