“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/2/2019 2:08 am  #1

POINT WON OR POINTS LOST ?

Reckon the draw was just about right against Northwood but so frustrating giving the ball away many times ! Play off candidates, well from what I understand maybe potentially pointless anyway !!!!

Last edited by STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! (10/2/2019 2:12 am)

10/2/2019 7:38 am  #2

Re: POINT WON OR POINTS LOST ?

Before the game I would have said 2 points dropped, but after the game it was a point gained as Northwood created much more chances in the second half.
Morgan Campbell made a couple of good saves to keep the score at 1-1. I don't think the Northwood goalkeeper had to make a real save in the second half.
Also the number 2 Sam Jenkins kept Isaiah Jones and Danny Bassett very quiet.

More worrying is the home form at the moment. Could it be that the players are not comfortable kicking towards the "Chafer Bug" End especially on the left-hand wing?
In comparison, the TMUFC away form is outstanding.

10/2/2019 10:09 am  #3

A completely different game to the away fixture which we dominated but managed to throw away earlier in the season. Northwood look a much improved team since then, very solid defensively with their no 2 looking particularly impressive. So despite us going into the break 1 up, the feeling was that the game was going to continue to be very tight and could go either way. No surprise, then, when Northwood got their well taken equaliser early in the second half and continued to look the side that was to go on and win the game. The final whistle came as a relief as it didn't look that we were going to trouble their keeper too much. In all, I think a point gained as we could easily lost it, our home form really has to improve if we have any realistic hope of a playoff place.

10/2/2019 11:01 am  #4

Fair comments. Don't think we had even a sniff of a further goal in the second half on our turf unfortunately, unlike Northwood !!!

11/2/2019 8:34 am  #5

They had a one on one which Campbell did a good job of stopping, and then we had to clear one off the line as well. All a bit kick bollock scramble. At points I thought Domingo-Carrington did really well, but little lapses in his concentration almost cost us- think he was the fella who cleared off our line though?

Absolutely agree that their full back was best player on the park. Was everywhere for them and defensively sound too.

Thought we lacked a little bit of cohesion in the final third, not really sure where a goal was going to come from. Eddie Dines had a quiet game too.

A point gained, I'd conclude. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

11/2/2019 2:22 pm  #6

Cripes - that came out of nowhere!

He seems to have slipped off my radar - since leaving us I think he joined Carshalton and then signed an 18 month contract with Worthing, but it didn't seem to work out.

I don't think he's been playing at our level over the last 2 years.

But he knows where the goal is!

We know he might not be the hardest worker off the ball, so to get the best out of him you need to play to his strengths.

Returning prodigal sons do not always work out, but maybe Dan is just what we need this season.

11/2/2019 3:17 pm  #7

He has been at our last two home games and was exchanging text banter with Gary last Saturday. It looked highly likely then that he was coming back: no other reason to be there.

I'm so happy that Dan is back and Dan will be so happy that I'll be cheering him on.

Jokes aside I'm a bit happier now that we have an experienced goal scorer up front and I hope that it works out.

11/2/2019 5:06 pm  #8

Just what we need a out and out poacher with experience hopefully he can get some goals and push for playoffs at this level should come good

Board footera