“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/2/2019 9:32 pm  #1

A WELL DESERVED POINT!

Although without our defensive talisman" Antonio Simeone" and with our other  central defender carrying a long term leg injury, the "terrors" still earned a well deserved point today.
I must admit when I first heard of our current defensive situation, I feared the worst, but the lads were more than equal to the task set before them, giving as good as they got and not being in awe of our opponents.
If we could only be more consistent against lower teams in our division then our points tally would certainly take us into a playoff spot, but with 33/36 points still to play for it is still possible.
My one surprise is that with Izzie running riot down our left flank at half time we only had one goal to show for it.
The sending off of one player from each team, in the first half, done nothing to spoil the intensity of the game, end to end stuff with each team creating some good chances, but 1-1 was a fair result to each team.
Looking forward already to our next game against Waltham Abbey, time to avenge that away defeat.
One negative to take from today, the what appeared to be a knee injury to Jordan, hopefully it is not as bad as it looked.

17/2/2019 2:17 pm  #2

Re: A WELL DESERVED POINT!

.........but we stuffed Waltham Abbey by 2 away didn't we ? 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

17/2/2019 2:20 pm  #3

You are so ri9ght my friend, not wearing my reading glasses I mistook the letter "L" meaning league to be "lost".
One of these days I will learn to not try to do things without them on.

17/2/2019 3:00 pm  #4

Yes we did stuff Waltham Abbey 2-0. The only problems I remember were getting to the ground by public transport or otherwise and the low sun in the first half!

Now back to the Marlow game, I missed the Mini Melee in which led to Isaiah Jones and the Marlow number 8 being sent off as was watching Jordan Wilson after his knee gave way. It looked like a bad injury and best wishes for a quick recovery. I'm even more surprised the Facebook page report doesn't even mention Jordan Wilson.

Apart from Isaiah's soft shoe shuffle that bamboozled 2 defenders and the goalkeeper to score a very good goal.
Another moment was the Marlow keeper gloating that "your best player has been sent off" only to see their number 8 get red too!

A positive away day performance even with a few players missing for various reasons and were never second best against a defensively strong Marlow team.

17/2/2019 9:31 pm  #5

What I also overlooked was that not only was I at the game but how could I forget the £100-oo Dart charge fine for forgetting to pay the toll charge.
I don`t like this getting old thing! 

18/2/2019 1:40 pm  #6

Alan - why on earth did you feel the need to go the scenic route via Dartford to Marlow 
It's only just up the road from your gaff across country 

18/2/2019 9:46 pm  #7

I was talking about Waltham Abbey chum.

19/2/2019 2:33 pm  #8

Ha ha - and guess what - I did exactly the same thing on that day !! 
​I went up via the Blackwall Tunnel as the Dartford Tunnel/Bridge was shut (BIG mistake as that tunnel was fubarred anyway) but returned via the Bridge then completely forgot all about the charge - first offence so got away with just paying the standard charge a couple of weeks later - DOH !!!

19/2/2019 5:29 pm  #9

Anyone know why Isaiah and their player was sent off that is three in the last away games what’s going on lack of discipline or what

19/2/2019 9:16 pm  #10

I know that Beeden has been playing the last few games since he came back, heavily strapped, are you now saying "Brassneck" he has caused further damage and is looking like a long term injury?
Even with one good leg he has still been doing a good job at the back.
To make matters worse DeePee, i have also missed the deadline date on two other trips north of the river and one when i paid "Dart Charge" on the day after the game, £12-00 to be exact! and sat back thinking all was fine, only to receive a penalty a few weeks later as i hade inadvertantly paid a scam site which although "Dart Charge" are aware of it, thet still penalised me, although i complained it fell on deaf ears.
All in all, trips to north of the river are not good experiences for me were it not for the "Terrors" mixed bag of results i think i would have given up long ago.

Last edited by alanj (19/2/2019 9:27 pm)

20/2/2019 9:15 pm  #11

Thank goodness for that Brassneck. Knowing that Antonio will still not be available for this coming Saturday due to his vacation, I was worrying about the loss of two of our most influential players, especially as points are even more important now.
I hope that Darryl has served his suspensions now as he will be an important addition, although saying that the team on Saturday never let anybody down, stars all of them.

Board footera