“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/3/2019 10:19 am  #1

Westfield

Two points dropped in my opinion, especially in light of playing over 45 minutes against ten men, and considering they are the team currently occupying the final play off place.

Penalty was a very poor one to give away with seemingly no real danger and a lapse in concentration from Ajani.

Winning our game in hand will be crucial. We also don’t have that many games to go, 9 by the looks of it.

Our form is solid in terms of an unbeaten run in the league, but sadly we’re not picking up 3 points as often as we should if we want to be in with a play off shout.

Today I thought we were solid without really creating enough. When we did create we needed to finish better (Leon’s golden opportunity for one).

I think Sadou Khan continues to grow as a player and is typically the best player on the park whenever I watch him. 

Any idea where Dan Summers and Isiah J were today? Presumably both injured if not making the squad?

10/3/2019 2:03 pm  #2

Re: Westfield

I think Isiah serving last game of his ban?

10/3/2019 3:53 pm  #3

Dan Summers on holiday

10/3/2019 4:17 pm  #4

I think that result means that our realistic chances of the playoffs have gone. I think we needed to beat Westfield and Cheshunt to stay in the race.

We are obviously playing quite well to have this unbeaten run that we're on. But at the same time we haven't been quite good enough to turn some of those draws into wins.

So finishing 6th or 7th is about what we deserve. Which is probably what I would have been happy with back in August.

10/3/2019 5:51 pm  #5

A pretty dull game with very little goalmouth action. Being unbeaten for ages doesn't mean much if we're not winning, if we can't beat a ten man Westfield, we're probably not good enough to get promoted this season.
With 2 new strikers appearing in the last few weeks, at least the management are trying to address our lack of goals. I don't know what the position is with Summers, he wasn't getting much game time even before this holiday. The big lad that came on as sub yesterday showed some decent touches but needs time on the pitch to show us what he can do.

11/3/2019 10:04 am  #6

Thought Saturday was very frustrating. We were defensively pretty solid, but didn't have any way of pressing home our numerical advantage. Their 9 was a big lump, not much technically but I'm sure his physicality stresses a lot of centre halves at this level. I didn't see what happened for the pen, but the biggest cheer all day was from their head coach when it was awarded. Speaking of whom, what was all that about?! Something of a spat between himself and SPB, I think? But it was all smiles and hugs at the end.

I do feel slightly like our playoff hopes are fading out. We needed three points and a couple of goals swing to get above them. And what's so f*cking annoying is that with the Molesey result in the bag months ago, we'd be breathing down their necks proper. With the constant postponements it's given Westfield et al a chance to get settled in the playoff spots. Momentum off a win at Molesey may really have helped us. 

I wonder a bit about the futures at the club of some of the guys who might fancy their chances a division above- the likes of DMG, Saidou, Lexus, Isiah and a couple of others might feel they could go up a level next season.But I'll worry about that if it happens.

11/3/2019 2:33 pm  #7

Their 9 was a big lump, not much technically but I'm sure his physicality stresses a lot of centre halves at this level. 

That was Elijah Simpson who was with us in the U23 squad until he occasionally got in to the first team this season (P7 S3 B3 G0). As you say a big chap but he didn't pull up any trees with us and only scored his 3 goals in a few cup matches.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera