“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/3/2019 7:54 pm  #1

v Bracknell Town

Well what a game that was, and ultimately what a disappointment. This contest had everything, great football, crap football, great goalkeeping, crap goalkeeping, superb goals, bizarre goals, a red card, you couldn't take your eyes off it.

For an hour we were on top and made high flying Bracknell look pretty ordinary, and, but for their keeper, could have scored three or four in that time. But you always had the feeling that one goal was never going to be enough.
And so it proved, with a car crash of a last half an hour that will live long in the memory. Firstly an unnecessary penalty conceded which seemed to change the whole atmosphere of the game, then one of the worst own goals you will see. This has been coming for a while, I've noticed in previous games that Morgan Campbell is very uncomfortable in dealing with back passes, he takes an age to decide what to do, always lets the ball run past his body, which lets attacking players close him down and cause a panic situation. This time was similar, except he wasn't under any pressure, he let the ball run past his body, but he totally misjudged it and this time the ball was in the net before he could clear it.

Now Bracknell could sniff all three points, and after another straight red card for Daryl Coleman, there was only going to be one winner. No complaints over the sending off, a bad challenge and Coleman knew what was coming, his shirt was off and he was walking towards the tunnel before the ref got his card out. After his first half penalty miss and his third red card in as many months, it ended up being a bad day at the office for him.
By this time it was mistakes galore all over the pitch and another defensive error let Bracknell in for their well taken third goal.

That probably is the end of our slender play off hopes, we haven't been good enough or consistant enough in the last couple of months to justify a playoff spot. Very disappointing as I think this is a pretty poor division and I am desperate to get out of it. We have shown some great promise at times, though, and if we can keep hold of our better players next season, I would expect a better challenge next time.

18/3/2019 9:52 am  #2

Re: v Bracknell Town

Coleman has picked himself up a 5 game ban!  He is available for tomorrow, and I think he is also available for the Banstead game, but after that he won't be available until the last 2 games of the season.

19/3/2019 10:15 am  #3

Judging by the lack of responses so far, I think everyone is probably feeling similar - sheepish, and that this ends our play off challenge for the season. 

It's such a shame as I thought we were much the better side until we gave the penalty away (poor pen to give away) and from then on they saw an opportunity as we self-destructed. 

As good as Coleman is for our club, he's turned into a liability with 3 red cards. He's off the pitch suspended more than on it. That needs to stop if we want to have any chance of doing something next season. 

How ironic that the game that effectively ends our play off challenge is also the game that we've played some of our best stuff in. 

Disappointing. 

19/3/2019 10:57 am  #4

Did not go to the game from what I hear again lack of discipline at the vital time I have always said on a good day we should beat any team in this league our two games with Hayes I think we were unlucky both games were down to referee decisions and loseing our way it is a shame because we should have definitely been in the playoffs

20/3/2019 1:17 pm  #5

As I was saying about discipline wedgeworth sent off last night go 3-0 up in second half why do they create problems for their selfs

20/3/2019 3:18 pm  #6

That's amazing! The fewest bookings but the most reds apart from Marlow! (How are they right up there with 12 reds???9

Board footera