“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/4/2019 1:04 pm  #1

Members Club fans forum

What a great time last night with a big crowd turning out to engage and find out more. Nick Shaw, the MC's newest director was compere and did a terrific job. First up were the football managers with some senior players to give an update on progress and to answer Q&A's, which was not so much a grilling but a celebration with them all getting a round of applause. You have to guess who were the seniors on show, which won't be hard when you hear that the biggest laugh came when they were asked what their favourite colour cards were, red or yellow.

Then came an update on the Members Club and the various discounts that have been negotiated for next season along with some of the events that are to be put on, with the first being this Friday's race night. At last fans were realising how important it is owning a stake in the club and its business which resulted in new members signing up on the night.

Lyn Catchpole shared about the charity match at the end of the season and that a TV personality will be attending.

Finally Steve Adkins did a Q&A which again was well received and all in all a good night was had by all and a new sense of oneness between the fans, the coaches and managers and everyone involved in the club was very apparent.  

11/4/2019 9:27 pm  #2

Re: Members Club fans forum

As you rightly state Members Club, a great night and it appears as if the influx of people like Nick Shaw and others, has given the club the required impetus to move forward.
Far be it for me to denigrate the previous years speakers on behalf of the Members Club but, and I am not sure if it is due to his age advantage over Chris, but his enthusiasm for advancing the club was evident in his voice.
I feel sure that a lot of people might now have a different opinion of the Members Club.

One disappointing aspect of the night was when I went into the bar to watch the football and ( I am sure he is a member of the coaching staff) was using the foulest of language in a shouting manner for the whole of the second half so nobody could miss it, and with youngsters watching the game also it left a sour taste in the mouth and sends out the wrong message, especially when we are trying to curb this vile habit.

12/4/2019 9:12 am  #3

Have to agree with alanj re the bar afterwards. Had any new people come along to see what things were like outside of match day I think his behavior would have undone much of the good that was seen at the meeting. 

12/4/2019 12:32 pm  #4

Just to respond to Alan's well made points which deserve a little more light being shone on them.  This is a one off and we can then put it to bed for good. For over a decade there has been an element who have tried to undermine just about everything at the club and we can remember how toxic this forum had become. There have been those who have tried their utmost to defame all and sundry including the MC. Those involved in saving the MC for future fans have had to overcome that influential but small minority and only just last year one of them suggested on the forum the shares should be given away. That environment not only discouraged new members but others left, so it was all about survival. 
Now its all change for the better as we create a new team off the field to match the one on it. New members with new skills such as marketing and media means volunteers can work in groups instead of alone and we have real talent in a variety of areas. The one you all have seen, Nick Shaw is bubbling with enthusiasm with his team as they seek out all kinds sponsorship for the future. This is just the beginning and with a new finance director, membership secretary and others it really is an exciting time for fans to volunteer. It also allows the chairman to conduct the orchestra rather than just bang a drum; and to represent the fans at the top table where a lot of essential non football matters take place.
So there it is, the past is gone and heralds a bright new future. As we go round the other clubs we hear the same story, no one will volunteer to run them, so its left to a few. We are in a great place now.
Coming to the issue of the foul language in the bar, this will be taken up with the managers. One of the joys of being a member is having a stake in the business and you are quite within your rights to tell someone to stop, so don't be shy.

12/4/2019 12:51 pm  #5

I have to say I did consider asking to him keep it clean but considering the inebriated state he was in, and the fact  that my rolling on the floor days are gone, like everyone else who was there, I erred on the side of caution. 

03/5/2019 10:24 pm  #6

Did anyone ask Mr Adkins when he is planning on building houses on the stadium?

Board footera