“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/8/2019 7:47 am  #1

Ramsgate on Saturday

It looks like the on again/off again friendly against Ramsgate on Saturday is back on again!  Its shown on the official website although not on the unoffical one.

06/8/2019 11:00 am  #2

Re: Ramsgate on Saturday

It's been "ON" for weeks now !

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

06/8/2019 12:46 pm  #3

Ramsgate at home Saturday 3pm will be played on the main pitch.

06/8/2019 8:11 pm  #4

I would not have felt sorry at all for the fans "Gary" as they still would have lost! 

07/8/2019 7:06 am  #5

Not sure about admission prices but I guess it will be more than £3.

07/8/2019 8:12 am  #6

GARY, THE REASON DEAN HAMLIN WAS NOT THERE FOR THE HASTINGS GAME WAS BECAUSE HE WAS AT A WEDDING

08/8/2019 12:03 pm  #7

Gary, I think you are missing the point! that is what  REAL fans do, rain or shine they turn up to support their team, friendly or not.  
The Pilot field is one of my favourite grounds, but I do not feel sorry for anyone who lose to the "Terrors".
Name of the game.

08/8/2019 5:26 pm  #8

Alanj I'm afraid there's some some bad news for your liking of The Pilot Field. Hastings have plans underway to move to The Old Helipad.

08/8/2019 8:08 pm  #9

Thanks for that "Poddington"
No dig was intended "Gary" but being truthfull I will never understand as, following the club for the period you have you could just turn your back on them when things turn sour, a fan supports his club through thick and thin!
Regarding the back pitch, I presume they must have known, and what does it matter anyway if it is "your team" surely you are turning up to give the team your support

08/8/2019 8:53 pm  #10

We will never agree "Gary" but then that is a football supporters prerogative, to have a view.
True the football has sometimes not been great, but I could not, under normal circumstances, just walk away, let alone go along to another teams ground on a regular basis.
But do you not feel that football at this level is not to the same standard as it used to be and it never will, look at how many council pitches have disappeared, in my youth they were everywhere and always in use.
I am afraid that is a sign of the times, children seem to have no desire for sports as they have too many other distractions, whereas in my day ( I know I am sounding like a grandad, but then I am one!!) as children we could not wait to either kick a ball after school or have a game of cricket in the street.
Hence the reason for so may children suffering from obesity, lack of exercise and an unwillingness to amuse themselves.

08/8/2019 9:09 pm  #11

Alan I have sent you a pm. 

Board footera