“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/8/2019 9:06 pm  #1

STEFAN ILIC

Scored for Lewes on his debut yesterday.
Always liked his effort on the odd occasion when he played for us but not allowed enough game time in my opinion.
Never mind, our loss is Lewes gain.

13/8/2019 6:00 am  #2

Re: STEFAN ILIC

Ilic wasn't getting a game due to being below Hady, Danny, Carty, Isaiah amongst others last season. I believe he left of his own volition. With the addition of Nebay, Omari returning and the emergence of Shamal as a really good option, I think he would have found it even more difficult to get a game this season. I think it's not so much "our loss" and more the player recognising that he would have required a bit of patience in order to play regularly in the first team.

13/8/2019 9:57 am  #3

As I understand "Besty" I think he had a falling out with Ashley regarding his non playing and this led to him leaving.

13/8/2019 10:38 am  #4

He's been to 2 or 3 pre-season games. So the fall out can't have been too bad. He was obviously keen to play. Think there will be a few this year that will have to be patient. I'm finding it difficult to see our starting XI. Keep leaving out players that could easily start!!

14/8/2019 5:59 am  #5

I'm intrigued to see who starts on Saturday. Think only the following are nailed-on; Shaw, DMG, Daryl. Sol, probably, but there's been that many playing in defence in the preseason, it's hard to know!

14/8/2019 9:53 am  #6

I think Bassett is probably a firm starter too. But agreed, outside of those 4 or 5 players, it's a real toss up. 

14/8/2019 1:54 pm  #7

During the last couple of weeks our midfield & defensive situation has been weakened considerably by the loss of Saidou & Lexus so I think it was quite important that by the time of the last couple of friendlies we should have been fielding our likely first team line up rather than having numerous mix & match options.I still feel confident about this season but I would just say that if it is intended to base our central defence & right wing back options around Sol P. B. & Dean Hamlin,I think this would be a mistake.

14/8/2019 2:33 pm  #8

I dont think we'll see either of Sol or Dean at RWB- Ajani will be back soon (hopefully), plus we have Joel Vian there, amongst others. You're right- the wing back positions were played about with a lot in the pre season- even Shamal played there, from memory.... no idea the make up of the final centre half options, but Hakim played there a fair bit in pre season and looked good imo, there was a fella called Murray on trial, and another lad (Daly?) who signed. Think we have enough for the time being...

Saidou is a loss, but Kyrique is a quality player and Didi Castanho played at 10 and looked good. With DMG signing on for the season ahead (hopefully) and Daryl sticking around too, think we do have options in midfield.

14/8/2019 3:54 pm  #9

Forgot about Daly, think he'll start at one of the CB spots. 
We may end up playing 3 CBs...Daly, Sol and Dean, with the new right wing back (George?) and maybe Alex Felipe at LWB. Both will be required to get up and down the pitch as WBs. Ajani definitely starts when fit in my opinion. 
I think we'll then having DMG and Daryl in central midfield, with a 10 just in front. 
Then I can imagine it'll be Bassett and Naby H up top.
5-3-2 or a 3-5-2 depending on how you look at it!

14/8/2019 4:07 pm  #10

I think Bassett would do a good job at wing back.  He's got a good engine.  People tend to think that a wing back is a defender who can get forward a bit, but I quite like to see an attack minded player there.

15/8/2019 9:27 am  #11

Thoughts take me to the Hayes and Yeading game!! Not a great audition for him to play wing back.

Board footera