“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/8/2019 9:21 pm  #1

HERTFORD TOWN FC 0 - TOOTING 1

Tooting earned a well deserved three points today, but the same old ghost of last season came back to haunt them.
Inside the first twenty minutes the Terrors should have been well on their way to victory creating several first class chances, but no one was able to put them away, this was to be the general pattern of the game continuing into the second half before Omari Hibbert in the 85th minute gave the Terrors the goal their play deserved.
The opposition it must be said offered little and as I said with a bit more clinical finishing todays visit should have seen more goals for the visitors.
But the first game of the season has provided three points, three more than the first game last season and some of our approach work was first class, so things you would hope will only get better.
Looking forward to Tuesdays game against Ashford where hopefully we can start to improve our home record when compared to last season and perhaps, who knows, this season might emulate the season under Frank.

Last edited by alanj (17/8/2019 9:22 pm)

19/8/2019 8:02 am  #2

Re: HERTFORD TOWN FC 0 - TOOTING 1

Always good to get a late winner!  I know its only the first game of the season, but turning 1 point into 3 is a good habit to get into.  Any team wanting to be in the promotion picture will always get late goals when they need them.

19/8/2019 12:24 pm  #3

Re: HERTFORD TOWN FC 0 - TOOTING 1

Can't understand why Belford didn't even get on the pitch.  He's been my MOM several times this season already!

Board footera