“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/9/2019 5:06 pm  #1

Vardeanians and DMG

Again, countless opportunities wasted yesterday, a real lack of commitment in the penalty area, poor crosses, and continuous breakdown of play outside the penalty area when attacking, causing a lot of frustration from the fans, and no doubt the players.  Not withstanding all of that, there were still a number of opportunities created, but with the lack of a genuine striker to put these chances away, as seen in previous games, the Terrors are not capitalising on their good play.

It was pointed out in the programme notes, the Vardeanians had received 6 fair play wards in the last 10 seasons.  They were lucky not to finish with 9 players on the pitch yesterday, only a compassionate referee and linesman helped their situation. The V’s were playing with a lot of passion as this FA Cup tie was a huge game for them, and they were going to give the game everything.  They had a huge penalty appeal for handball turned down by the lineman, which if scored would have given the team from Brighton the lead. As it turned out, straight from the appeal Tooting went on the attack and scored.  

The V’s goalkeeper made some superb saves, and I vote him their man of the match, followed closely by the number 9 who had a great game up front. He gave the Terrors central defenders a hard time, his positioning and passing, and created opportunities were a credit to a team from level 6. They were rewarded for all their efforts with a goal near the end.

DMG had another wonderful game covering every blade of pitch, and working tirelessly to contain the opposition, creating opportunities and making many tackles. Easily the best player on the pitch, his enthusiasm is unquenched! He maintains the team rhythm on pitch, especially when standards drop. Every game this season he’s been outstanding, how long before a more senior club comes calling. He cannot stay at level 4, what a waste of talent, or maybe he does not have any ambitions and just wants to stay part of the team?

Another win, and it will be interesting who the Terrors draw in the next round, especially after 2 home games.

09/9/2019 12:13 pm  #2

Re: Vardeanians and DMG

Well the bad news is that for the 2nd year running we have drawn the highest ranked team in our zone in this round.  Dorking Wanderers.  At least we are at home - but its a massive challenge for us.

09/9/2019 12:50 pm  #3

Re: Vardeanians and DMG

EOL :The road not taken 22nd April 2017 

The Road Not Taken 
By Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,