“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/9/2019 7:55 am  #1

SOUTH PARK

Is this game still on this evening as the only mention of it is on Paul Piggots site.

10/9/2019 9:39 am  #2

Re: SOUTH PARK

Still on.  Its on the South Park website and on our Facebook.

On a related note, there was no report on Saturday's cup game on either of our websites or the Facebook page.  For someone like me who can't attend games at the moment I rely on these..

And regarding the official website, tmunited.org - although it looks good at first glance, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to navigate it and can't seem to find the match reports.

The social media side of the club was first class last season but I'm not finding it so good this season - particularly for 1st team info.

10/9/2019 12:41 pm  #3

Thanks "Endo"!
I never thought of looking at the South Park site, lesson learned when no info appears on your own clubs site, look at the possible opponents.

10/9/2019 1:32 pm  #4

Tooting & Mitcham United FC   3 - 1   AFC Varndeanians FC
Emirates FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round  - 7th September 2019 - Att 260
Tooting progressed to the next round of the competition against a spirited AFC Varndenians side. The first real action of the opening half came in the 29th minute when the visitors had a good penalty shout for handball in the area turned down by the match officials. A minute later the Terrors went straight down to the other end and were awarded a free-kick just outside the area. David Castanho planted a precision free-kick into the goalmouth and Nathan Daly was on hand to tap in his first goal for the club. Just before the interval Danny Bassett beat a defender and saw his goal-bound strike saved at the near post by the Tom Bradford in the Sussex sides goal.
Half-time :   Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC   1 - 0   AFC Varndeanians FC
Early in the second half man of the match Dominic Morgan-Griffiths forced another fine stop by the ‘keeper. In the 58th minute David Casthano, who put in excellent display, made it 2-0 with a clinical finish after good work by Danney Bassett. Just after the hour mark AFC Varndeanians carved out their best chance but Scott Packer blasted over when well placed. The Terrors then replied with a fierce strike from Dominic Morgan-Griffiths which was heading for the roof of the net, but Tom Bradford pulled off a brilliant save. Two minutes from time substitute Nebay Haile made the tie safe when he curled in a precision drive after being set up by Daryl Coleman. The visitors kept plugging away and got a deserved consolation goal in stoppage time when a free-kick was deflected onto the post for the waiting Matt Ford to apply the finishing touch from point blank range. Cue joyous scenes from their small bunch of fans behind the goal.
Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC : James Shaw, George Ademiluyi (Dontai Stewart) Dean Hamlin, Sol Patterson-Bohner, Nathan Daly, Dominic Morgan-Griffiths, David Castanho (Isaac Sarpong), Danny Bassett, Razzaq Coleman, Daryl Coleman, Hady Ghandour (Nebay Haile).  Unused subs :  Alex Filipe, Ahkeem Belford, Kyrique Garvey-Williams, Morgan Campbell (GK).                    Match Report by Ian Bullock

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

10/9/2019 2:27 pm  #5

That is still more than I have buddy! 

Board footera